Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westvleteren 12

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

clockwerk

Post by clockwerk »

Do we know if this is actually coming to Ontario? Or at least, is it INTENDED to make it to Ontario?
I keep signing here, but it's just ink all over my screen. I think it's broken.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

clockwerk wrote:Do we know if this is actually coming to Ontario? Or at least, is it INTENDED to make it to Ontario?
yes.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

At this point I would not be surprised if they are just going to hold them for the christmas gift pack release they do every year.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

xocoatl wrote:At this point I would not be surprised if they are just going to hold them for the christmas gift pack release they do every year.
...and then delay it for Christmas 2013.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

xocoatl wrote:At this point I would not be surprised if they are just going to hold them for the christmas gift pack release they do every year.
apparently that will not be the case.
sooner vs later.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Officially listed as on order by the LCBO....not live yet but the product number will be 317255

crwills

Post by crwills »

PeenSteen wrote:Officially listed as on order by the LCBO....not live yet but the product number will be 317255
Anybody seen this around yet? Would love to get some... any insiders know of the expected release date?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

crwills wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Officially listed as on order by the LCBO....not live yet but the product number will be 317255
Anybody seen this around yet? Would love to get some... any insiders know of the expected release date?
saw a quote of mid-November, which is what i was saying all along. i assumed the LCBO would push it back so it was part of the xmas/gift-pack release.

was told before that it would be listed before Nov 1. heh. right.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

atomeyes wrote:saw a quote of mid-November, which is what i was saying all along. i assumed the LCBO would push it back so it was part of the xmas/gift-pack release.
Except the aisles and shelves will be jammed with the X-mas stuff, why deliberately add to the mess.

I bet Westy 12 comes and sells pretty fast. (Not that I guarantee everyone will like it that much or think it's worth it.)
In Beerum Veritas

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Mid November is when all gift packs come out anyway.....the expected date of delivery to the LCBO warehouse is November 1

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:.

I bet Westy 12 comes and sells pretty fast. (Not that I guarantee everyone will like it that much or think it's worth it.)
Was wondering about this myself - I think it'll sell well and fast, but I can't see a lot of people buying multiple packs, or hoarding (unless I'm wrong). I know I'll just be buying one and that'll last me for a few years!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JeffPorter wrote:I can't see a lot of people buying multiple (West 12) packs, or hoarding (unless I'm wrong). I know I'll just be buying one and that'll last me for a few years!
I think people hoarding it will have other motives than drinking really expensive beer - private trading, commercial resale, and generally stockpiling it for future scarcity when it will be worth 'more' or have greater trading leverage.

I don't have time for that.
In Beerum Veritas

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

PeenSteen wrote:Mid November is when all gift packs come out anyway.....the expected date of delivery to the LCBO warehouse is November 1
If the gift-packs come out Mid-November shouldn't we be getting some information on what is going to be in them pretty soon?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Mid November is when all gift packs come out anyway.....the expected date of delivery to the LCBO warehouse is November 1
If the gift-packs come out Mid-November shouldn't we be getting some information on what is going to be in them pretty soon?
Most of the same stuff we get every year. I will get a list for you though.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

PeenSteen wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote:
Most of the same stuff we get every year. I will get a list for you though.
I wish that Historic Ales of Scotland giftpack would come with the Kelpie for a change!
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.