Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westvleteren 12

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Hey guys. I'm sort of surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but if my sources are good, it kinda looks like the LCBO is going to get those Westvleteren 12 six packs.

So, y'know. That's a thing.
saintjohnswort.ca

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

saints_gambit wrote:Hey guys. I'm sort of surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but if my sources are good, it kinda looks like the LCBO is going to get those Westvleteren 12 six packs.

I really hope your sources are right, because god damn that would be awesome!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

saints_gambit wrote:Hey guys. I'm sort of surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but if my sources are good, it kinda looks like the LCBO is going to get those Westvleteren 12 six packs.

:o :o :o

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Any word as to cost?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

andrewrg wrote:Any word as to cost?
You can pay with your left nut, OR your right nut. :wink: (I have no idea)

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

JerCraigs wrote:
andrewrg wrote:Any word as to cost?
You can pay with your left nut, OR your right nut. :wink: (I have no idea)
So I guess it's a 2 pack limit... well 3 for Belgian
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Are your sources saying when and what the overall quantities LCBO is looking to buy?

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

http://horizonbeers.com/brands/ontario

Doesn't seem to be a solid date yet, but it looks like sometime in August. Adam from the Monk's Table confirmed he'll be having the launch.
saintjohnswort.ca

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Alberta shipment should arrive in mid-July. 6-pack with 2 goblets are $80.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

markaberrant wrote:Alberta shipment should arrive in mid-July. 6-pack with 2 goblets are $80.
$74.99 if you go to the right liquor stores.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Torontoblue wrote:
markaberrant wrote:Alberta shipment should arrive in mid-July. 6-pack with 2 goblets are $80.
$74.99 if you go to the right liquor stores.
Yeah, was going to put $75-80 as the price range.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

About the same in Ontario, as I understand it. That's not exactly the sale of the century, but it's way below any other option for acquisition.
saintjohnswort.ca

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Well, in Edmonton the $74.99 is, I believe, only for the people who stumped up the deposit. Once they've got their box set, the price will be rising to $99.99 for us lazy gits who didn't bother. I know of one store doing this.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Lukie wrote:

Are your sources saying when and what the overall quantities LCBO is looking to buy?
I'd be interested in knowing the quantities too...One box set for each store? :P
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

JeffPorter wrote:
Lukie wrote:

I'd be interested in knowing the quantities too...One box set for each store? :P
Depends on how greedy the restaurants feel. Face it, you could buy at 75 per six pack and turn it around at 40 a bottle. You could put it down for a year and charge more.
saintjohnswort.ca