Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Holiday Pack

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

This is great, those 'fancy' Beau's releases do cost more to make and often sell for at least twenty a bottle @ better bars like The Only (who do a fantastic job of keeping their selection interestng, go Fabian!)

I might grab a few of these packs; I loved the Farm Table, and the Saison would be something to lay down for half a year at cellar temp.

Thank you Beau's for putting your 'cult' bers out in the stores!
In Beerum Veritas

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Very excited for this!

Matt's Sleepytime Stout is my fav. by them for sure.

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

any updates on this? Still coming out? If so, when should we expect it?

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Beau's has been eerily quiet since Oktoberfest, but I noticed this on my timeline today.

"Mmmm Matt's sleepy time stout! Best of beaus, our holiday sampler, should be available in store by next weekend, LCBOs shortly after that." -

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Nice...I've noticed a couple things are "late"....at least later than other releases...haven' seen nutcracker porter around yet either.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

j@beaus

Post by j@beaus »

Hey Guys

The Best of Beau's pack is coming out very soon, being bottled now. It will be available to all the stores we currently distribute to if they decide to carry it. There is only 1 run being done so it will be a limited release.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

These are apparently on the roads. Beau's tweeted the following availability today and tomorrow:
Best of Beau's in TO: 2 Cooper St, 415 King W, 87 Front, 10 Scrivener Sq, 147 Laird, 2946 Bloor W, 232 Dupont, 2290 Dundas W, 549 College, 1145 Danforth, 1009 Coxwell
Best of Beau's in Ottawa: 1980 Bank, 640 Bank, 275 Rideau, 22 Isabella, 457 Hazeldean, 6487 Jeanne D'Arc Blvd, 4220 Innes, 222 Richmond!

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

I got two coming for delivery, but can confirm they're at 457 Hazeldean as of two hours ago.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

picked some up on bank street today

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

it's on the shelves at Laird and Eg

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Sometimes you gotta grab Matt O'Hara by the lapels and shake him until he brews his best beer.
saintjohnswort.ca

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Packaged on NOMEMBER 29th!!! - Have you ever heard of such a thing?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JeffPorter wrote:Packaged on NOMEMBER 29th!!! - Have you ever heard of such a thing?
I once bought a Lug Tread that had been bottled the day before. I drank it that night - best bottle of LT I'd ever had.

So yeah, Beau's is pretty good about getting fresh stuff out there.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Anyone got a LCBO# to follow stock of this? Can't seem to find it on the good ol' LCBO site.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

grabbed 2 packs at cooper st today