Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Holiday Pack

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

GregClow wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Packaged on NOMEMBER 29th!!! - Have you ever heard of such a thing?
I once bought a Lug Tread that had been bottled the day before. I drank it that night - best bottle of LT I'd ever had.

So yeah, Beau's is pretty good about getting fresh stuff out there.
The Screaming Beaver I had last night (bottled on the 26th) was probably the most drinkable 10% beer I've ever had.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

boney wrote:Anyone got a LCBO# to follow stock of this? Can't seem to find it on the good ol' LCBO site.
Listed as BEST OF BEAU'S — LCBO 320267
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=320267
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
boney wrote:Anyone got a LCBO# to follow stock of this? Can't seem to find it on the good ol' LCBO site.
Thanks! Don't know why I was having a hard time finding it.... I might have been leaving the apostrophe out or something.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

JeffPorter wrote:
GregClow wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Packaged on NOMEMBER 29th!!! - Have you ever heard of such a thing?
I once bought a Lug Tread that had been bottled the day before. I drank it that night - best bottle of LT I'd ever had.

So yeah, Beau's is pretty good about getting fresh stuff out there.
The Screaming Beaver I had last night (bottled on the 26th) was probably the most drinkable 10% beer I've ever had.
i had the screamin beaver last night, and your right the alcohol was really well hidden, lots of oak character as well. i dont think it drank anything like an IIPA but it was a good young oak american barley wine.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

matt7215 wrote:
i had the screamin beaver last night, and your right the alcohol was really well hidden, lots of oak character as well. i dont think it drank anything like an IIPA but it was a good young oak american barley wine.
Thought so too - I've never been a huge fan of the Beaver River, but this was fantastic.

Drank the Matt's Sleepy Time last night - probably the first time since two years ago...I can pick out a little oak, but the aroma is very "dubbelish", but the stout flavours are there in the roasty malts. Another great beer.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

I broke into the 4 pack tonight - I had the Farm Table. I wish I'd had this around during the summer.

Disappointing that the 4 packs aren't available down in Guelph/KW/Cambridge area. Hard to justify driving in to Toronto to go get beer.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Anyone on this forum work at one of the few places listed and are willing to transfer a case?! :)

j@beaus

Post by j@beaus »

There are more 4-packs being shipped late this week and next week. Check the LCBO site for inventory in your area.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

j@beaus wrote:There are more 4-packs being shipped late this week and next week. Check the LCBO site for inventory in your area.
My request still stands for any store that currently has inventory or will soon have inventory. I live in Thunder Bay so can guarantee we won't see a single drop of Beau's unless its via a transfer. :(

j@beaus

Post by j@beaus »

Uh, um, yeah you're right. It's a bit too far for our delivery trucks.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

j@beaus wrote:Uh, um, yeah you're right. It's a bit too far for our delivery trucks.
Hahahahaha... You mean it's not economical to deliver beer over 1,000 km away?! :P. Here's to hoping someone feels bad for us stranded up north and is willing to set up the transfer! :)

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I bought mine on the 7th of December...says it was packaged on the 6th!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

overall i was really dissapointed in the quality of the beer in this pack. the packaging is awesome, all of the styles are interesting and rarely brewed in ontario, but the beer just wasnt very good.

actually the screaming beaver was a decent barley wine, but the patio saison was like a dry hefe, and both the belgian pale ale and matts sleepytime stout were problematic.

ive never been very impressed with beaus and this pack has put them on my do not buy list.

IMO the best thing ive had from them was the weisse-o-lantern and that wasnt even close to a pumpkin weisse, it was a really good spiced saison but not even close to what it was advertised as.

/rant

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

matt7215 wrote:overall i was really dissapointed in the quality of the beer in this pack. the packaging is awesome, all of the styles are interesting and rarely brewed in ontario, but the beer just wasnt very good.

actually the screaming beaver was a decent barley wine, but the patio saison was like a dry hefe, and both the belgian pale ale and matts sleepytime stout were problematic.

ive never been very impressed with beaus and this pack has put them on my do not buy list.

IMO the best thing ive had from them was the weisse-o-lantern and that wasnt even close to a pumpkin weisse, it was a really good spiced saison but not even close to what it was advertised as.

/rant
The Emperor has no clothes?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

matt7215 wrote:IMO the best thing ive had from them was the weisse-o-lantern and that wasnt even close to a pumpkin weisse, it was a really good spiced saison but not even close to what it was advertised as.
Agree Weiss-o-lantern was good, the NightMaertzen not at all bad, also agree the Patio Saison was for me a bit non-descript.

Funny the confused identity between Weissbier, Belgian Wit and Saison that pervades Ontario! 2¢
In Beerum Veritas