Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Holiday Pack

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Patio Saison and Farm Table were quite disappointing for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the other two (despite Screaming Beaver not exactly being a DIPA). Personally if I was choosing the 4 beers for the pack only Matt's Sleepy Time would have made it. Then again I'd also be picking a beer I'm quite certain they'll never brew again as well as some Greener Futures stuff. Calling this a "best of" in my opinion is a bit misleading.

I couldn't stop supporting Beau's, they've done some great things, particularly for those of us in Ottawa.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

I tried the farm table last night. It was ok except I think there was too much yeast from the bottom of the bottle in my glass, since it had this super nasty aftertaste that would not go away on its own. If the unfiltered yeast was the culprit, I am not sure why they put it in 600ml bottles, since it makes it almost impossible to pour into one glass with a single pour unless I break out my litrestein.