Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Amsterdam Boneshaker Availability

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Amsterdam Boneshaker Availability

Post by spinrsx »

Anyone know if this beer is a permanent listing at the LCBO? And if it will get a wider distribution at some point? I had a friend from Toronto pick me up some and I really enjoyed it. For some reason the closest LCBO with stock is 2+ hours from Ottawa.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

spinrsx wrote:Anyone know if this beer is a permanent listing at the LCBO? And if it will get a wider distribution at some point? I had a friend from Toronto pick me up some and I really enjoyed it. For some reason the closest LCBO with stock is 2+ hours from Ottawa.
I'm quite certain it's a permanent listing (unless the BO de-lists it!) but I'm surprised it's not making it out to Ottawa...

I wonder if sending an email to the brewery or whoever reps them (NAC?) would be helpful...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Same problem with London, the closest is Brantford. I haven't had the time to stop and get some when I'm in or passing TO.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

I'm going to be in Toronto this weekend, I can bring some back if you'd like?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I heard, though I will say right off the bat that this could be false, that they were very low on beer throughout the LCBO due to needing production for the Honda Indy.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

That makes sense. I was hoping that since it's (I assume) a general listing, it would make it's way down this way without too much lag. Still, I will try to set aside some time to grab it the next time I'm in the T dot.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

The availability on the 416 Wheat at the LCBO is also extremely limited.

Also heard Beau's hasn't delivered to the LCBO in 2 weeks. I know we've had problems filling all our orders here too, so I think all (most) Ontario craft breweries are experiencing the same problem. A good problem, you could say, but a problem nonetheless.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Beau's just got a big shipment of stainless steel. They posted a pic on like July 5th. They are also doing an expansion in the back.

I would think any slowness, will be solved very soon.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

The boneshaker in my local lbco has a packaging date of august 1

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Lots of Boneshaker at the ship in Hamilton. I just got back from shaking a few bones and it was quite tasty.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

There was 8ish six packs at the King/Spadina LCBO last night, with "NO SINGLE BOTTLES, SIX PACKS ONLY" highlighted on the price card in front of them.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Duct Tape wrote:There was 8ish six packs at the King/Spadina LCBO last night, with "NO SINGLE BOTTLES, SIX PACKS ONLY" highlighted on the price card in front of them.

Good. Can`t afford a six pack? No buy.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Duct Tape wrote:There was 8ish six packs at the King/Spadina LCBO last night, with "NO SINGLE BOTTLES, SIX PACKS ONLY" highlighted on the price card in front of them.
Hilarious. The LCBO wants open 6-packs over closed-top boxes, but doesn't want people to buy single bottles. "We just think they're pretty."

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Good. Can`t afford a six pack? No buy.
No, Steel they are instructing us not to drink single bottles - it's better for them if we drink SIX PACKS ONLY. Note the lack of hyphenation, ie. they must really want us to drink 36 bottles at once.

Shohull Reshponshibirridee... woh can't feel my legsh...
In Beerum Veritas

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

According to the 'BO website, the Bank & Walkley (Ottawa) store has Boneshaker in stock.