Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Fall 2012 Release and Shipyard Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

Belgian wrote: Some brewers due to their size or sold-out brewing capacity just can't serve our market (or at least don't need to). Just to point out that our wishing may be wasted some of the time. Still - surprises happen, thanks to ambitious importers and patient brewers.
That's what I was thinking. I mean someone up thread mentioned they would like to see Stone in the LCBO. But I read an article awhile back about how Stone is only available in like 30 or so US states. I think the article also said they are at or very close to their brewing capacity. Now if they are at capacity, and only in 60% of the states in their own country, what motivation is there for them to export to another country?

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Kel Varnsen wrote: Now if they are at capacity, and only in 60% of the states in their own country, what motivation is there for them to export to another country?
$10 bombers?

heebes

Post by heebes »

Southern Tier does it and continues to do a great job. I don't see why other neighbouring state breweries can't.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Orval is ooming back to the LCBO....don'f know when but Winter or Spirng. We'll have some Consignment product before then it you want to t0 reserve;

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Any idea whether the Shipyard brews will be widely available? Or will they be similar to the limited releases that only see 20 or so stores?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

rejtable wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote: Now if they are at capacity, and only in 60% of the states in their own country, what motivation is there for them to export to another country?
$10 bombers?
Good idea. But then we already have Ontario wheat beers and mild pale ales in ten-dollar 750ml's. How would Stone ever compete? ;)

Seriously, I think the expensive large-format Stone beers would sell here even faster than they do in the US. It's a good target market.
In Beerum Veritas

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

Any release dates for the fall and shipyard beers?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

zaireeka wrote:Any release dates for the fall and shipyard beers?
I believe its Sept.16

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Does anyone have this list WITH the LCBO product numbers? They are required if I'm going to put it up in its entirety in drinkvine..
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Ralphus wrote:Does anyone have this list WITH the LCBO product numbers? They are required if I'm going to put it up in its entirety in drinkvine..
I've updated the original post in the thread to include item numbers.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

PeenSteen wrote:
zaireeka wrote:Any release dates for the fall and shipyard beers?
I believe its Sept.16
Yup.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

GregClow wrote: I've updated the original post in the thread to include item numbers.
Thank you!
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Ralphus wrote:
GregClow wrote: I've updated the original post in the thread to include item numbers.
Thank you!
And thanks to you to Ralphus!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Update from today's media tasting:

- Official release date for the Fall and Shipyard releases is Mon Sep 17th
- Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet Celebrator will be delayed to late September
- Meantime London Porter will be delayed to early October

nickw

Post by nickw »

The Carlton and Church LCBO had the Shipyard Porter, the Cannery Blackberry Porter & La Trappe St. Isid'Or this afternoon