Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Elysian and Bear Republic coming to Ontario

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Elysian and Bear Republic coming to Ontario

Post by icemachine »

2am tweet from Claude, almost missed it in all the QC election news

Claude Lefebvre ‏@NAMERICANCRAFT
Please to announce that Elysian and Bear Republic have joined our family of beers.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Thats pretty big news. Not surprised about elysian as you can find it just about everywhere in BC. Im guessing it should show sometime next year.

heebes

Post by heebes »

Solid!

heebes

Post by heebes »

man i hope we get Elysian's Night Owl Pumpkin Ale !!!

:lol:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Good to know. :)
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

heebes wrote:man i hope we get Elysian's Night Owl Pumpkin Ale !!!

:lol:
ITs an excellent beer. found a few bombers in buffalo last year. My fav pumpkin beer.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Excellent news. Hopefully we won't see the same red tape as we getting with Green Flash.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I've changed the subject of this thread to something that is more descriptive and stands out a bit.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Lukie wrote:Excellent news. Hopefully we won't see the same red tape as we getting with Green Flash.
The red tape does not discriminate.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Cass wrote:
Lukie wrote:Excellent news. Hopefully we won't see the same red tape as we getting with Green Flash.
The red tape does not discriminate.

It seems to have particular affinity for the cream of the crop.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Mmm, Hop Rod Rye

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

NAC put a up a picture of racer 5 and elysian importal on fb today

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Doesn't NAC act as an agent in more provinces than Ontario? Are we sure that this means we are going to see these beers in Ontario?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Doesn't NAC act as an agent in more provinces than Ontario? Are we sure that this means we are going to see these beers in Ontario?
I thought the FB posts were strange - they just put a bunch of pictures up of beer one after the other with no description.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Doesn't NAC act as an agent in more provinces than Ontario? Are we sure that this means we are going to see these beers in Ontario?
I thought the FB posts were strange - they just put a bunch of pictures up of beer one after the other with no description.
With their comments of "Who knows" and "Maybe this will show up one day" - Certainly seems like they're putting the cart before the horse.

Word on the street is that NAC have a Sierra Nevada-related announcement to make. But maybe that's even more up in the air as they haven't been flaunting it all over their FB.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.