Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Jonah Hex wrote: Though the big new is St-Ambroise did a maple beer, and no surprise, it's the best of the bunch. I wonder if it'll come to the LCBO?
I had the Erable at Winterbrewed and thought it fantastic... but I have been known to drink maple syrup.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Bytowner wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote: Though the big new is St-Ambroise did a maple beer, and no surprise, it's the best of the bunch. I wonder if it'll come to the LCBO?
I had the Erable at Winterbrewed and thought it fantastic... but I have been known to drink maple syrup.
I'm eager to try it - heard great things about it, but never really had a maple beer I loved.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Bytowner wrote:...but I have been known to drink maple syrup.
You have to try this if you haven't already: http://mikuni.myshopify.com/products/to ... aple-syrup

It's insanely good.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Gavin wrote:
You have to try this if you haven't already: http://mikuni.myshopify.com/products/to ... aple-syrup

It's insanely good.
I buy the Bliss one ... that's the one that Founders uses for the CBS and Backwoods barrels.

It would be insteresting to try this one too.

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Gavin wrote:

It's insanely good.
I buy the Bliss one ... that's the one that Founders uses for the CBS and Backwoods barrels.

It would be insteresting to try this one too.
I once had a bottle of the Blis bourbon maple syrup and I can vouch for its amazingness - I'm going to need to try and track down another bottle. Would also be neat to try this other one. Thanks for the link!

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Didn't know about Bliss. Thanks!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

ritzkiss wrote: I once had a bottle of the Blis bourbon maple syrup and I can vouch for its amazingness - I'm going to need to try and track down another bottle. Would also be neat to try this other one. Thanks for the link!
You can get it at the Williams Sonoma at the Walden Galleria in Buffalo. I've never seen it in the GTA.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Jonah Hex wrote:Though the big news is St-Ambroise did a maple beer, and no surprise, it's the best of the bunch. I wonder if it'll come to the LCBO?
"Buy St Ambroise Erable
Roughly 40 kegs of this delight is on it’s way to Toronto as I type. You can find it on tap anywhere that you usually find St Ambroise products. And the good news, is they’re applying for a listing next year at the LCBO."

By CHRIS | Published: FEBRUARY 26, 2013 - torontobeerblog
In Beerum Veritas

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

spinrsx wrote:not sure if this has been mentioned, but the rogue brutal bitter that's in the lcbo was bottled Jan 10th

And you can taste it. Highly recommended.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Belgian wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:Though the big news is St-Ambroise did a maple beer, and no surprise, it's the best of the bunch. I wonder if it'll come to the LCBO?
"Buy St Ambroise Erable
Roughly 40 kegs of this delight is on it’s way to Toronto as I type. You can find it on tap anywhere that you usually find St Ambroise products. And the good news, is they’re applying for a listing next year at the LCBO."

By CHRIS | Published: FEBRUARY 26, 2013 - torontobeerblog
I saw that when googling about the St Ambroise Erable. I wonder when the kegs will start showing up on tap?
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Hi folks - Erable will be making its way to a few pubs and restaurants by the end of this week. Definitely Barque will have it on tap soon -- when exactly TBA.

On a side note - our Pale Ale cans will be on the LCBO shelves - hopefully by the end of the week as well. #331264 - $2.75. Though it isn't earth shattering news to have a canning line in Ontario - it was a big deal for us to invest in something while the Quebec market still mostly prefers bottles.

Cheers!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Frere Ambroise wrote:Hi folks - Erable will be making its way to a few pubs and restaurants by the end of this week. Definitely Barque will have it on tap soon -- when exactly TBA.

On a side note - our Pale Ale cans will be on the LCBO shelves - hopefully by the end of the week as well. #331264 - $2.75. Though it isn't earth shattering news to have a canning line in Ontario - it was a big deal for us to invest in something while the Quebec market still mostly prefers bottles.

Cheers!
any chance the stout will make its way into cans?

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Frere Ambroise wrote:Hi folks - Erable will be making its way to a few pubs and restaurants by the end of this week. Definitely Barque will have it on tap soon -- when exactly TBA.
Thanks! Any chance of a list of what places are getting those kegs? Where do I send my thirsty taste-buds? :)
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at TBS - Molson Canadian 'Wheat'

http://www.molsoncanadian.ca/~/media/Ca ... wheat.ashx

:-?

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

spinrsx wrote:new at TBS - Molson Canadian 'Wheat'

http://www.molsoncanadian.ca/~/media/Ca ... wheat.ashx

:-?
Curious. Will this be Molson's first publicly-available warm-fermented beer?