Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

What is in the summer sampler? Central City's website lists it as a 12-pack of cans, but I'm guessing based on LCBO price it's a 6. Is it the same assortment though? (PA, white, pilsner)

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Yes same line up.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Its already out, picked one up at the eglinton and laird store yesterday.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

admviolin wrote:What is in the summer sampler? Central City's website lists it as a 12-pack of cans, but I'm guessing based on LCBO price it's a 6. Is it the same assortment though? (PA, white, pilsner)
it's a great sample pack, I just wished they included the ESB as it's the best and I am an IPA fan!

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Dang, was hoping for the ESB to be in there (perhaps it's seasonal? I don't know).

What about the Parallel pack? Hoparazzi, Gypsy Tears Ruby, and Old Boy?

JoeMcPhee

Post by JoeMcPhee »

The Goose Island stuff is in several locations now - quite a lot of stock as well. The Sofie is an amazing beer - so I'm excited to see it here.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Ran into several bottles of Lone Pine IPA at the Liberty Village LCBO yesterday. Plenty left.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Picked up a couple of the Red Racer samplers - cute little pack, great for mobility (bringing one to a party tonight). It is PA, Pilsner & White.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

squeaky wrote:Aged in Armagnac? That'll be a new one for me.
It's exceptionally good. It's pretty boozey, but if you like cognac it's heaven.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Didn't realize Tree Hop Head Black IPA was back - not sure how fresh the bottles are though...picked one up to try it again.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is new:

BEAU'S FESTIVALE PLUS - STIKE ALT
LCBO 343798 | 600 mL bottle
Price $ 7.85

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=343798

and this too:

WYCHWOOD FOREST FRUITS
LCBO 332932 | 500 mL bottle
Price $ 3.50

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/d ... ber=332932

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:this is new:

I'm going to hold off on this one until there is a verdict on it. Tired of feeling like a sucker for buying these beers...moreso at eight bucks a pop.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I've enjoyed the Festivale Plus on cask before, definitely willing to give the bottled version a try
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Ceecee wrote:
spinrsx wrote:this is new:

I'm going to hold off on this one until there is a verdict on it. Tired of feeling like a sucker for buying these beers...moreso at eight bucks a pop.
I remember having it during their Sticke day. It's basically the Nightmarzen amped up. I found it very good.

But I agree with you, it seems like they are just pumping out one-off to try and maximize profits on the $8 beers.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Well, the 3 LCBO one-offs (holiday pack as well, I guess) have all been released before and had plenty of reviews for. The only thing that could really sucker you in is your own curiosity. And I agree, they are quite pricey. Should be $1.50-$2 less at least.

Wag The Wolf should have got an LCBO release. Perhaps one of their best ever and certainly "in season."