Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

"wont be able to access" or "unwilling to access"?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I realize it will be harder to find due to the renovation, but it's still a case of "unwilling to access" I'm sure

If they would let me into the back room I would be happy to find it for them :)

Tomorrow the stock will show up on the lcbo site and drinkvine, I'm sure they will be getting more than enough calls about this beer. maybe that will force someone to actually look for it
cfrancis wrote:"wont be able to access" or "unwilling to access"?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gavin wrote:Sorry (about the FMTL article) :lol:
Hah. I like to imagine a certain unnameable fellow ^ deliberatley prowls Bartowel looking for ways to put OUR good beer in the hands of Keith's drinkers who'll spit it out... I guess we all need something to do?

Not really. Kidding aside, Gavin if promoting like this makes great imported beer boom like crazy in Ontario I'm all in favor of allowing a few Rosedale Yuppie drain pours - all 'for the cause' of course.

Vaguely excited about the LTM Hopfen-Weisse and Charlie DV Saison which were brought in from Quee-beck.

And -- edit -- Mikkeller Canadian Dream is the same beer in US and Denmark, just an über-hopped Lager for a hot summer day when you want to be pelted with American hops on a crisp lager base.
Last edited by Belgian on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Was at Wilson & Dufferin "liberating" 2 more bottles of 3F yesterday and the Charlevoix Saison was on the shelf....as was pretty much everything else (it's true....great store....really bad location).

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:another update: the lcbo at rideau/K.E has the beer in stock according to their computer, but they 'wont be able to access it until early next week due to renovations'
I guess they accessed them...only 6 in stock today. Unless they didn't scan them all before the site update.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

Ceecee wrote:
spinrsx wrote:another update: the lcbo at rideau/K.E has the beer in stock according to their computer, but they 'wont be able to access it until early next week due to renovations'
I guess they accessed them...only 6 in stock today. Unless they didn't scan them all before the site update.
Hmmm - that is strange. Did they have more then that before? Seems like its a bit of a crapshoot. Anyone heading there this morning?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

they only had 6 to begin with, so they haven't accessed them yet (they may be getting more, but only got 1 case to start with)

I have on the *very odd* occasion run into a really helpful LCBO employee who will go the extra mile and dig/search for stuff in the back. Maybe someone will get lucky this morning

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

wow, somebody ransacked wilson+dufferin... the 50+ yesterday is now down to 12.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at the lcbo:

STIEGL GRAPEFRUIT RADLER
LCBO 334052 | 500 mL can
Price $ 2.60

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

The employee I talked to last Thursday about it would have went the extra mile for me I'm sure, but she didn't work in beer and I doubt I'd run into her again.

Oh well, gonna be pure luck for us in Ottawa I guess. I'll head over there tomorrow morning if the site shows larger stock.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

was the rideau/k.e. store the only one in Ottawa that was getting this beer? I'll bet these 6 bottles are gone by tomorrow. Someone will pester the staff enough to make them dig.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Maybe things are a little different in Ottawa, but I find in Toronto pretty much any LCBO employee will pull something out of the back for me.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:was the rideau/k.e. store the only one in Ottawa that was getting this beer?
I talked to a very helpful employee at Nepean Crossroads that checked their internal system. Rideau st. was the only store with any stock forthcoming (30 bottles). The remaining 18 bottles looked like they were meant for licensees. I guess a few will pop up @ BBB and/or Italia.

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

grub wrote:wow, somebody ransacked wilson+dufferin... the 50+ yesterday is now down to 12.
There were none on the shelf when I went in. Had to get them from the back.

Clearly it was the TL-ers descending like Visa card wielding locusts, as predicted by Belgian!!!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

mixedup wrote:Was at Wilson & Dufferin "liberating" 2 more bottles of 3F yesterday and the Charlevoix Saison was on the shelf....as was pretty much everything else (it's true....great store....really bad location).
Depends where you live! I happen to think it's a great location.