Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

dale cannon wrote:I haven't had the old brewery pale in a quite a while now, but having just tasted this organic pale ale, I would tend to agree that this is not the old brewery pale ale. This seems to have a fuller body and richer malt flavour. Who knows what shenanigans these yorkies are up to these days.
I have to say, their organic beers/cider is miles above their other stuff. The raspberry was great as was the cider...not that I'm a "it must be organic" kind of guy, but I wonder if it does have something to do with the ingredients or just how the brewery treats them.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JeffPorter wrote:...not that I'm a "it must be organic" kind of guy, but I wonder if it does have something to do with the ingredients or just how the brewery treats them.
There's tons of unnecessary chemical baggage in our food supply so to reduce toxic stress on our bodies (and on microorganisms) it's valid to start with organics.

In spite of the 'horror and drama' around wind turbine bird kills, the environmental pollution from farm pesticides kills a thousand times as many birds... yet most people support killing those birds with every food purchase they make.
In Beerum Veritas

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

King Pilsner in a new format at the LCBO - 473 ml cans

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

spinrsx wrote:new on the lcbo site:

AC/DC LAGER+
LCBO 346502 | 500 mL can
Price $ 2.55

also noticed that chimay blue cap is back in stock again (as well as saison dupont)
I just searched the LCBO website for 346502 and got no result. :-?

I did see this beer at TBS today.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Belgian wrote:There's tons of unnecessary chemical baggage in our food supply so to reduce toxic stress on our bodies (and on microorganisms) it's valid to start with organics.

In spite of the 'horror and drama' around wind turbine bird kills, the environmental pollution from farm pesticides kills a thousand times as many birds... yet most people support killing those birds with every food purchase they make.
Excellent post. Poignant and relevant.

Less relevant, but perhaps still worth noting, BC Craft Brewers Natural Selections 6-Pack is now in stores:
Vancouer Island Sea Dog Amber Ale
Dead Frog Pale Ale
Steamworks Signature Pale Ale
Lighthouse Switchback IPA
Russell IP'eh!
Whistler Paradise Valley Grapefruit Ale
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Paulaner Hefeweizen in 500 mL cans.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

500ml bottles of Fuller's ESB and London Pride are now at the Beer Store for $3.25
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

Hmmm...I wonder why Fuller's is back with bottles? I thought the trend was towards cans...

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

schomberger wrote:Hmmm...I wonder why Fuller's is back with bottles? I thought the trend was towards cans...
Don't get it either, when 500ml cans are only $2.55 at the 'BO
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

icemachine wrote:
schomberger wrote:Hmmm...I wonder why Fuller's is back with bottles? I thought the trend was towards cans...
Don't get it either, when 500ml cans are only $2.55 at the 'BO
I know that the SAQ stores in Quebec gets their fullers in Bottles. I wonder if the LCBO will start getting bottles too.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

You think it's because the two 'competing' entities, LC and BS, tend not to compete with same formats of like products?
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone buy hennepin yet? If so, whats the best before date?

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

spinrsx wrote:anyone buy hennepin yet? If so, whats the best before date?
Hennepin is a pretty indestructible beer. I wouldn't worry too much if it's been sitting in a warehouse for a while.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

It's more to plan out how much I am going to buy. Not going to buy 48 bottles if the best before is 2014 etc.
rudolf wrote:
Hennepin is a pretty indestructible beer. I wouldn't worry too much if it's been sitting in a warehouse for a while.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

it isn't out yet, is it?