Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Harry Porter still isn't searchable on LCBO's website...

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

admviolin wrote:Harry Porter still isn't searchable on LCBO's website...
There was a bunch on the shelves at Liberty Village as of 15 minutes ago...and a GLB rep pouring Canuck samples. Founders Porter (and a couple others) there, too.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

admviolin wrote:Harry Porter still isn't searchable on LCBO's website...
They generally update stock first thing on Monday morning, or at least their system does. It's showing stock on drinkvine, so the stock is there in the LCBO system.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new:

AMSTERDAM WEE HEAVY SCOTCH ALE
LCBO 374686 | 500 mL bottle
Price $ 4.25

BROOKLYN DRY IRISH STOUT
LCBO 362723 | 6x355 mL bottle
Price $ 13.95

LAKE OF MUSKOKA DETOUR
LCBO 375345 | 6x355 mL bottle
Price $ 13.65

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

[quote="spinrsx"
LAKE OF MUSKOKA DETOUR
[/quote]

huh?

Ins't this simply Muskoka Detour? Or did they change their branding again...

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

spinrsx wrote:new:
BROOKLYN DRY IRISH STOUT
Price $ 13.95
BADLY needed in this market as most of our local brewers and agents seem to think that porters and stouts should only come in large bottles, and at a higher price per ml. I'll be buying lots of this.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

Listed, no stock yet:

OLA DUBH SPECIAL RESERVE 30 YEARS OLD
LCBO 107698 | 330 mL bottle
Price $ 11.80

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

kafercrazy wrote:[quote="spinrsx"
LAKE OF MUSKOKA DETOUR
huh?

Ins't this simply Muskoka Detour? Or did they change their branding again...[/quote]

I imagine the LCBO will be fixing that tomorrow. A couple of beer have had slightly wrong names when first listed... i.e. "Dinner Jack O'Red Ipa" to "Dinner Jacket O'Red Ipa."

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

cratez wrote:
BROOKLYN DRY IRISH STOUT
Price $ 13.95
BADLY needed in this market as most of our local brewers and agents seem to think that porters and stouts should only come in large bottles, and at a higher price per ml. I'll be buying lots of this.
This.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

ECBS wrote:Listed, no stock yet:

OLA DUBH SPECIAL RESERVE 30 YEARS OLD
LCBO 107698 | 330 mL bottle
Price $ 11.80
Seems like the 12 year old has gone up a buck or two and the 30 year old has dropped about $3 from several years ago.

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

Listed with stock:

GREAT LAKES BREWERY HARRY PORTER
LCBO 375220 | 650 mL bottle
Price: $ 5.95

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=375220

TCB

Post by TCB »

cratez wrote:
BROOKLYN DRY IRISH STOUT
Price $ 13.95
Good to hear!This will be rolled out to 100+ stores throughout Ontario shortly.In fairness to other agents and brewers the LCBO product calls certainly guide you to the large single serve format. I don't want to speculate on why most of the LCBO product calls prefer large single serve format but I do believe there are many valid reasons to do so at this point in time.I would predict that as the craft beer segment grows and matures in Ontario you will see more 6 pack bottles and cans in market.
Enjoy!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

TCB wrote: In fairness to other agents and brewers the LCBO product calls certainly guide you to the large single serve format.
Fully aware of this as I occasionally read the product call letters. That the LCBO prefers this format doesn't make it any less illogical/inconvenient to consumers who don't enthusiastically enjoy paying more money for less beer.
TCB wrote: I would predict that as the craft beer segment grows and matures in Ontario you will see more 6 pack bottles and cans in market.
I agree that it's a maturity thing. We're still wrapping our heads around the idea that you can session a 6-pack of 4-6% porter over a couple days and still have all your limbs in tact. And the fact that you pay less for your beer, make fewer trips to the store, etc. That's why it's encouraging to see products like this stout.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

BROOKLYN DRY IRISH STOUT --- not sure about the excitement beyond the six pack form....

RB: 3.32 average, 80 and 80 percentile
versus Millstreet Cobblestone at 3.41, 88 and 93 percentile....

and while not a dry, Mackeson xxx stout, in a sixer, 3.68, 97 and 98 percentile.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Thank you. I don't get it either. 473 ml can fits nicely in a pint glass.