Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ukie wrote:
Belgian wrote:Having a hard time committing to the Babes of Thrones series, though I don't mind Ommegang, are these brews worth the pop?
I always enjoy anything from Ommegang.

In the series the GOT #1 Blonde was good as was #2 Take the Black Stout.

#3 The Fire and Blood infused with ancho chiles was a bit different. Not really sure if I would buy more. Although I think you might find it interesting.
I thought Take the Black Stout was average. The blonde was good. Not a big fan of hot pepper / chile beers but will give this one a try as I do find most Ommegang brews to be solid.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ great tips thank you!
In Beerum Veritas

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I didn't care for either of the first two GoT offerings. That surprised me a little, because I do generally like Ommegang.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Definitely enjoyed the Blonde over the Stout. This heat/smoke of this Fire & Blood is restrained, I found it to be more of an accent to the beer than the main focus. Very enjoyable like that, had no trouble drinking about 2/3rds of the bottle (the Wife claimed the rest) while watching the latest episode Monday night.

Wonder if I can sneak one of these into the theatre for the last episode of the season...

http://www.cp24.com/entertainment-news/ ... -1.1852875
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

spinrsx wrote:new:

SPRING BOCK BARN DOOR BREWING CO.
LCBO 386748 | 500 mL bottle
Price $ 3.95

and a new name for this beer from Denisons:

SIDE LAUNCH WHEAT BEER
LCBO 385674 | 473 mL can
Price $ 2.70
Is Side Launch a new Denisons? It says it is brewed in Collingwood.

Edit: I guess it is http://www.momandhops.ca/tag/side-launch-brewing-co/
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new

BLACK CREEK LEMON BALM ALE
LCBO 384735 | 500 mL bottle
Price $ 3.95

CAMERONS CALIFORNIA SUNSHINE APA
Canada | Cameron'S Brewing Co.
LCBO 391524 | 650 mL | $ 5.95

CAMERONS TASTER PACK 4 BOTTLES
Canada | Cameron'S Brewing Co.
LCBO 385914 | 4x341 mL | $ 10.50

FRAOCH HEATH ALE NO. 22
United Kingdom | Heather Ale Limited
LCBO 372862 | 750 mL | $ 13.45

MILL STREET 100TH MERIDIAN ORGANIC
Canada | Trillium Beverage Inc.
LCBO 383786 | 6x341 mL | $ 13.65

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

And a Waterloo Sampler! :wink:

WATERLOO KOLSCH SAMPLER 6 PK-C
LCBO 390278 | 6x473 mL can
Price $ 13.50

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

That Fraoch Heather Ale 22 sounds really good. The regular Fraoch is already very tasty.

"This 11% abv version of our Fraoch is matured in ex-sherry casks previously used to mature Auchentoshan single malt. Brewed as an 11% Fraoch Heather Ale then matured in ex-sherry & single malt whisky casks giving a rich creamy brew, full of notes of sherry & barley wine with a wood & whisky finish."

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

ChrisK wrote:That Fraoch Heather Ale 22 sounds really good. The regular Fraoch is already very tasty.

"This 11% abv version of our Fraoch is matured in ex-sherry casks previously used to mature Auchentoshan single malt. Brewed as an 11% Fraoch Heather Ale then matured in ex-sherry & single malt whisky casks giving a rich creamy brew, full of notes of sherry & barley wine with a wood & whisky finish."
Wow. I'll definitely give that a try!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

ChrisK wrote:That Fraoch Heather Ale 22 sounds really good. The regular Fraoch is already very tasty.
Really good brewery from Scotland. No squirrels or gimmicks required.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Belgian wrote:
Hey now, stop insulting the squirrels. Some of them gave their lives in the name of beer, show some respect.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

El Pinguino wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Hey now, stop insulting the squirrels. Some of them gave their lives in the name of beer, show some respect.
Nothing says respect like a Brew Dog product crammed... oh I can't even finish that thought.
In Beerum Veritas

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Belgian wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:
Belgian wrote: Really good brewery from Scotland. No squirrels or gimmicks required.
Nothing says respect like a Brew Dog product crammed... oh I can't even finish that thought.
Nothing wrong with their squirrel beer, but it's just not, you know, rare enough. I'm waiting for a keg inside a giant panda.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

boney wrote:I'm waiting for a keg inside a giant panda.
I hear it's being brewed with California Condor eggs in the mash. They're doing the freeze fractionation by chilling the beer only with the frozen tears of orphans.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

I really liked the Fire and Blood beer. It's better than the stout. I think it'd go great with some flank steak carne asada.
saintjohnswort.ca