Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skootles

Post by skootles »

Summerhill had lots of Rochefort 10 today.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

There was a fair bit (though not that much!) at Leaside too.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

spinrsx wrote:Yay! Peche is listed again.
Excellent, drank the last bottle I had in my cellar tonight
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

skootles wrote:Summerhill had lots of Rochefort 10 today.

From what I hear, one of the ideas of reform currently floating around the LCBO is to have "standard" stores where only the basic, big name brand stuff is available and then "flagship" stores where they'll offer every SKU of craft beer and vintages, etc. As that photo demonstrates, is that not basically what they are doing already? :roll:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

nice product name - way to make things confusing lcbo

BOLSHEVIC BASTARD 6-PK-B-OC
LCBO 406348 | 4x355 mL bottle
SEASONAL/LIMITED QUANTITIES
Price $ 9.95

and as mentioned, this is back

DIEU DU CIEL! PECHE MORTEL
LCBO 254698 | 4x341 mL bottle
Price $ 13.05

new:

SATURDAY NIGHT
LCBO 401125 | 473 mL can
Price $ 2.80

SCRIMSHAW OYSTER STOUT
Canada | Barley Days Brewery
LCBO 399097 | 6x341 mL | $ 14.25

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is now showing stock

OMMEGANG GAME OF THRONES VALAR MORGHULIS
LCBO 402453 | 750 mL bottle
Price: $ 9.95

new:

Lake Of Bays NHLA Darcy Tucker Winter Bock
LCBO#: 406504 | 750 mL bottle
Price: $ 11.95

and new! :lol:

TSINGTAO 500ML CAN
LCBO 392753 | 500 mL can
Price: $ 2.45

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Anybody tried the Spearhead Belgian Stout?

I really wish somebody would clone (the obviously much denser and stronger) Struise Black Albert for our market, they call it a 'Royal Belgian Stout'. Unforgettable brew.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:Anybody tried the Spearhead Belgian Stout?

I really wish somebody would clone (the obviously much denser and stronger) Struise Black Albert for our market, they call it a 'Royal Belgian Stout'. Unforgettable brew.
yeah, i have a bottle in my basement (along with Pannepot, Pannepot Reserva, Pannepot Special Reserva, Tseejus Reserva). i'm gonna drink it, take notes and figure out how the fuck they make their beer. the secret's the belgian candi sugar for all of them.

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

Belgian wrote:Anybody tried the Spearhead Belgian Stout?
I did, and while the nose was decent enough (I picked up chocolate, coffee, marshmallow, caramel, banana), it was too thin for my liking. Roasted coffee-like finish (semi-bitter, slightly acidic, chalky). Haven't had Black Albert, but based on how much I've enjoyed Struise's other offerings, I think it's probably safe to assume that Spearhead's BS doesn't hold a candle to it (and this coming from someone who enjoyed the other Spearhead beers, or at least one of them).

Sorry if I misunderstood your question! Have you tried Spearhead's Belgian Stout? And if so, did you find it worthy of its name, or do you agree "Etobicoke Stout" would have been more apt?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Thanks, I may grab a six of the Spearhead. I certainly wasn't expecting Black Albert in the much lower alcohol range, and I like some of the flavor aspects you're describing in this 'Belgian Stout' whatever that style is.
In Beerum Veritas

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

Belgian wrote:Thanks, I may grab a six of the Spearhead. I certainly wasn't expecting Black Albert in the much lower alcohol range, and I like some of the flavor aspects you're describing in this 'Belgian Stout' whatever that style is.
No problem. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I certainly wouldn't say it was poorly executed. Also, if I had it again I wouldn't drink it fridge temp. That was a mistake. FYI - I picked up a single bottle and no hassle from the cashier.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Belgian wrote:Thanks, I may grab a six of the Spearhead. I certainly wasn't expecting Black Albert in the much lower alcohol range, and I like some of the flavor aspects you're describing in this 'Belgian Stout' whatever that style is.
You'll probably find that to be 5 bottles too many :)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is showing stock now:

Fuller's Brewers Reserve Imperial Stout

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Fullers IS there were 20 more bottles at Summerhill

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Dammit I just left Summerhill and didn't see the Fullers - because I wasn't looking for it! :(