Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

BakaGaijin wrote:Peche Mortel showing stock.

I wonder if this is the 2011 batch or the 2012 batch?!?
i was just thinking about how sad it is that it took this long to get peche mortel stock in ontario and now it is readily available in buffalo! albeit at a steeper price, but it's nice to know i can get my fix whenever i want to make a short trip to premier.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

ckoop wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Peche Mortel showing stock.

I wonder if this is the 2011 batch or the 2012 batch?!?
i was just thinking about how sad it is that it took this long to get peche mortel stock in ontario and now it is readily available in buffalo! albeit at a steeper price, but it's nice to know i can get my fix whenever i want to make a short trip to premier.
It got re-listed on the LCBO's website in late November. The price increased by a $1 in February, then dropped $.80 in March. Stock hit the shelves in April.

Between Volo, Bar Hop and Wvrst, it's frequently on tap in the city but 4+ months to get it on LCBO shelves seems crazy (or maybe just right depending on your expectations).

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Bottles appear to say bottled on 10/14, but I can't be totally sure.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Peche just in time for spring!? Meh...bring back Corne du Diable!

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

admviolin wrote:Bottles appear to say bottled on 10/14, but I can't be totally sure.
October 8, 2014 is the bottling date.

Who needs a beer cellar at home when you have the LCBO warehouse to sit on these for you?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

jp_jkl wrote:
admviolin wrote:Bottles appear to say bottled on 10/14, but I can't be totally sure.
October 8, 2014 is the bottling date.

Who needs a beer cellar at home when you have the LCBO warehouse to sit on these for you?
It's true! Although one must ask, would products not be cheaper if the LCBO were more efficient with storage and handling.
In Beerum Veritas

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

Given this is a coffee stout, what are your thoughts on aging it? Do people prefer it fresh or aged. Not that fresh is an option in this case as it's already six months old. Would have been nice to try fresh. Confused why this is showing up now six months after being bottled.... Anyway, just wondering if I should drink it now or sit on it for a while.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Jay-Brew wrote:Given this is a coffee stout, what are your thoughts on aging it? Do people prefer it fresh or aged. Not that fresh is an option in this case as it's already six months old. Would have been nice to try fresh. Confused why this is showing up now six months after being bottled.... Anyway, just wondering if I should drink it now or sit on it for a while.
Coffee dissipates over time so drink it now. It does age nicely, but I think its best fresh.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Jay-Brew wrote:Given this is a coffee stout, what are your thoughts on aging it? Do people prefer it fresh or aged. Not that fresh is an option in this case as it's already six months old. Would have been nice to try fresh. Confused why this is showing up now six months after being bottled.... Anyway, just wondering if I should drink it now or sit on it for a while.
Coffee dissipates over time so drink it now. It does age nicely, but I think its best fresh.
Tried a couple of the "fresh" six month old bottles. Will probably hold off on the rest for a while and see how they differ.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I like this one a year after bottling, but even at six months it seems somewhat ripe from the bottle conditioning. I don't know if totally fresh Péché in bottle is as good, it seems to develop harmony and balance regardless of the theories.
In Beerum Veritas

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

ORACH SLIE
LCBO 411694 | 330 mL bottle
SEASONAL/LIMITED QUANTITIES

Price $ 5.95

Made in: Scotland, United Kingdom
By: Harviestoun Brewery Ltd.

Beer
6.0% Alcohol/Vol.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

GENIUS OF SUBURBIA
Canada | Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery
LCBO 415075 | 6x355 mL

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

Belgian wrote:
I like this one a year after bottling, but even at six months it seems somewhat ripe from the bottle conditioning. I don't know if totally fresh Péché in bottle is as good, it seems to develop harmony and balance regardless of the theories.
Thanks!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:
Sat on a bottle for three years before and it's quite nice. The coffee certainly fades and is less sharp, and a fruity vinous quality comes out - almost like a port. It's nice with a couple years on it, but good within a year too. I personally think it;s worth holding onto a bottle just to try it.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

JeffPorter wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Sat on a bottle for three years before and it's quite nice. The coffee certainly fades and is less sharp, and a fruity vinous quality comes out - almost like a port. It's nice with a couple years on it, but good within a year too. I personally think it;s worth holding onto a bottle just to try it.
Thanks for the feedback! I bought a bunch. Had a couple when I bought it and will see how it develops over time.