Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I had a 2010 Peche recently and there was still a surprising amount of coffee. Every time I have opened vintage bottles, ranging from 2 to 5 years old, I have been impressed.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

I had the 2011 BBA Peche on draft a month ago and it was amazing. Best Peche Mortel I have ever had.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Jay-Brew wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I bought a bunch. Had a couple when I bought it and will see how Peche Mortél develops over time.
Nice thing about this is Peche is affordable for a beer of its stature, easy to get hold of and it's probably good no matter how well aged. It's a good experiment.
In Beerum Veritas

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Refined Fool's Noble Oaf rye saison is in Sarnia area LCBOs now. $9 for a 750ml bomber.

Despite the fact all of their beers I've tried haven't impressed me, it makes me really happy to see a local craft brewery in my hometown do so well.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at TBS

Goose Island IPA Quantity: 12 × Bottle 341 ml Price: $25.50

Keiths Celeia Hop Ale Quantity: 1 × Can 473 ml Price: $2.70

Laker IPA Quantity: 24 × Bottle 341 ml Price: $32.95

Whitewater Farmers Daughter Quantity: 1 × Can 473 ml Price: $3.00

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Although it's pretty pedestrian. I love seeing Whitewater getting into the LCBO. Local brewery from my hometown. Hopefully they get a nice lift out of this. I'll definitely buy some for guests at my house.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

spinrsx wrote:new at TBS

TBS website says this is brewed by Keith's Brewery. Is Labatt contract brewing GI IPA for the Canadian market?

More US brewers showing up (mostly kegs) at TBS, Kona, Atwater, Red Hook, Stone, Ommegang.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

cfrancis wrote:Although it's pretty pedestrian. I love seeing Whitewater getting into the LCBO. Local brewery from my hometown. Hopefully they get a nice lift out of this. I'll definitely buy some for guests at my house.
Agreed. I get up to Renfrew Co. in the summer and have really enjoyed the Whitewater beers the past two years. Too bad they have chosen to can the pedestrian (as you say, I agree) Farmer's Daughter. The Whistling Paddler English Ale is actually pretty good.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

dale cannon wrote:

TBS website says this is brewed by Keith's Brewery. Is Labatt contract brewing GI IPA for the Canadian market?

More US brewers showing up (mostly kegs) at TBS, Kona, Atwater, Red Hook, Stone, Ommegang.
Wherever they're making it, if it's the stuff they had at the Jays game, it's a pretty nice IPA. At that price, that's something I would actually come away from TBS happy with.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

midlife crisis wrote:
cfrancis wrote:Although it's pretty pedestrian. I love seeing Whitewater getting into the LCBO. Local brewery from my hometown. Hopefully they get a nice lift out of this. I'll definitely buy some for guests at my house.
Agreed. I get up to Renfrew Co. in the summer and have really enjoyed the Whitewater beers the past two years. Too bad they have chosen to can the pedestrian (as you say, I agree) Farmer's Daughter. The Whistling Paddler English Ale is actually pretty good.
I know that Big Rig is contract brewing their stuff for them. It's their flagship I get it, but it might have been nicer to stand out from the crowd with something else.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

dale cannon wrote:

I was excited that Kona kegs were available, until I looked it up and realized: A)its the light golden ale only, B)its 60L only, C)Its $350

Stone IPA $500!!!!

Nice to see the Rodenbach Grand Cru is available though at a somewhat reasonable $225 for 20L

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

midlife crisis wrote:
Square Timber is worth checking out if you're in the area. Shared some very enjoyable growlers of their pale ale and IPA at the inlaws, and it looks like they have plans to do a number of more adventurous brews in the need future. It's located a little ways out of Pembroke, about 15 minutes from Eganville.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

dale cannon wrote:

They must be, many stores in the Hamilton area are going to carry it and at $46.50 for 24 it sure isnt being brought in from the states

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Craig wrote:Wherever they're making it, if it's the stuff they had at the Jays game, it's a pretty nice IPA.
You can't judge the flavour of a beer without knowing who makes it.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Bobsy wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:
Square Timber is worth checking out if you're in the area. Shared some very enjoyable growlers of their pale ale and IPA at the inlaws, and it looks like they have plans to do a number of more adventurous brews in the need future. It's located a little ways out of Pembroke, about 15 minutes from Eganville.
Absolutely Marc will look after you. If you end up going, tell him Chad sent you.