Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

ckoop wrote: actually, $8 for a barrel aged porter is pretty solid if you ask me. considering no ones bats an eye at bellwoods' $13 500ml barrel aged offerings and most other BA bottles that hit the lcbo are $12+, i'd be surprised if many felt this was overpriced. now whether it's any good is the real question, given amsterdam's track record, i'd give it a 50/50 shot that this will be worth buying more than one. hope i'm wrong!
Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to this and don't mind the price. A while back there was the GLB stout for that Buster Rhino's event aged in Four Roses that was absolutely delish, hoping this will be along the same line.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

ckoop wrote:… actually, $8 for a barrel aged porter is pretty solid if you ask me. considering no ones bats an eye at bellwoods' $13 500ml barrel aged offerings and most other BA bottles that hit the lcbo are $12+, i'd be surprised if many felt this was overpriced. now whether it's any good is the real question, given amsterdam's track record, i'd give it a 50/50 shot…
* Sigh * - I've ignored so many brews the last few years because other breweries just seemed like a better bet.

Bellwoods stuff like Skeleton Key is probably in the league of the best Mikkeller stuff, and a better value (at least locally.)
In Beerum Veritas

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Belgian wrote:
ckoop wrote:
Bellwoods stuff like Skeleton Key is probably in the league of the best Mikkeller stuff, and a better value (at least locally.)
I'd say it's better. For me, Mikkeller is probably the most overrated brewery out there.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

spinrsx wrote:new at TBS:
Stonehammer Oatmeal Coffee
Quantity: 1 × Can 473 ml Price: $3.05
Three other Stonehammer beers in TBS now too:

Light
Pilsner
Dark

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

The Beer Store is showing Muskoka Harvest Ale in 6-packs as well as the usual 750 ml.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:For me, Mikkeller is probably the most overrated brewery out there.
I was thinking I don't mind the Beer Geek Breakfast type stuff. Some things he did inspired (cough) 'other' breweries. Single hop series…

Just meant the comparative value is there in Bellwoods, in some contexts.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

S. St. Jeb wrote:

Light
Pilsner
Dark
going to hold off for the release of their other beer:
Red
Blonde
More Dark
Semi-Light
Lark
Dight

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

atomeyes wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:

Light
Pilsner
Dark
going to hold off for the release of their other beer:
Red
Blonde
More Dark
Semi-Light
Lark
Dight
also brown
Reliable Beer Critic

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
spinrsx wrote:new:

COAST TO COASTLESS
LCBO 435347 | 750 mL bottle
SEASONAL/LIMITED QUANTITIES
Price $ 9.95
I can't wait to pick up a bottle of that commemorative, Canada Day beer. In September.
I just had the Phillips version a couple nights ago. Pretty solid ESB. Although this is "Imperial" might be a little sweet for some but worked for me.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

TwoPint wrote:The Beer Store is showing Muskoka Harvest Ale in 6-packs as well as the usual 750 ml.
Smart format change for a good beer.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Wasn't it like $10 for a 750ml swingtop last year? Is it now a $25 6 pack?

talon_d wrote:
TwoPint wrote:The Beer Store is showing Muskoka Harvest Ale in 6-packs as well as the usual 750 ml.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

spinrsx wrote:Wasn't it like $10 for a 750ml swingtop last year? Is it now a $25 6 pack?

talon_d wrote:
showing as $14. great deal.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Harvest Ale really is a great beer. Glad to see it in six packs. I love the new Muskoka bottles/packaging. Muskoka have a solid track record, and I have no issue spending a little more on them. However, their prices usually seem fair to me.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

jeremyg wrote: showing as $14. great deal.
That price has magically changed to $14.50, but it's still good to see this beer in 6-packs. I'll actually buy it now after years of ignoring the overpriced bombers.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

jeremyg wrote:
talon_d wrote:
showing as $14. great deal.
$14!! I'm going to drink the shit out of that. Great beer. Awesome format change.