Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

People have been asking on Twitter and it seems like it still hasn't shown up in the LCBO. It's being aged at room temperature as per all IPAs to pass through the LCBO.

Joking aside, it's been available in the bottle shop for the last few weeks. I often buy directly from GLB. Everything in the fridge is always super fresh and I like knowing it goes right from the canning line to the fridge.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

jp_jkl wrote:People have been asking on Twitter and it seems like it still hasn't shown up in the LCBO. It's being aged at room temperature as per all IPAs to pass through the LCBO.

Joking aside, it's been available in the bottle shop for the last few weeks. I often buy directly from GLB. Everything in the fridge is always super fresh and I like knowing it goes right from the canning line to the fridge.
That's great, if one lives in Toronto...

Would switching to cans from bombers trigger a re-lab testing by the LCBO?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

spinrsx wrote:!^&$#@!^%$^#)(!#

STONE BASTARD BOX
USA | Koochenvagner'S Brewing Co. Db
LCBO 442335 | 4x650 mL | $ 34.75

Anyone have an idea of the amount in of these coming in. Will it actually make it further than 7 or 8 stores in Toronto?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

It's in the ottawa warehouse, so I assume there's lots for the province
sofakingdrunk wrote:

STONE BASTARD BOX

Anyone have an idea of the amount in of these coming in. Will it actually make it further than 7 or 8 stores in Toronto?

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Masterplan wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:People have been asking on Twitter and it seems like it still hasn't shown up in the LCBO. It's being aged at room temperature as per all IPAs to pass through the LCBO.

Yes format changes require retesting. :roll:

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

admviolin wrote:
Masterplan wrote:

Yes format changes require retesting. :roll:

GLB tweeted that they were told Lake Effect will be available tomorrow...

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

sofakingdrunk wrote:

STONE BASTARD BOX

500 packages were ordered and will be distributed to 53 stores, chosen by the LCBO. We have pleaded with them to allow other stores to order it but nope.
250 cases each of the Smoked Porter (650ml) and Coffee Milk Stout (6 pack 330ml) should hit the shelves soon too. All of these Stone products have been in the lab since being received in early October.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Is the coffee milk stout not available in bombers? (Since the lcbo seems to love stone bombers..)

biegaman wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

STONE BASTARD BOX

500 packages were ordered and will be distributed to 53 stores, chosen by the LCBO. We have pleaded with them to allow other stores to order it but nope.
250 cases each of the Smoked Porter (650ml) and Coffee Milk Stout (6 pack 330ml) should hit the shelves soon too. All of these Stone products have been in the lab since being received in early October.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Lake Effect cans now listed under #445577, no stock showing...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction, Porter
—LCBO#: 442319 | 473 mL can

They are canning now?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

spinrsx wrote:Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction, Porter
—LCBO#: 442319 | 473 mL can

They are canning now?
They've been caning for a little while now.

SKiB

Post by SKiB »

Masterplan wrote:Lake Effect cans now listed under #445577, no stock showing...
FYI I picked up a few cans yesterday at the Gammage St. store here in London... apparently they received them over a week ago but were unable to get them out onto the floor until a product listing was created which was apparently done yesterday... I imagine there are many other stores out there with it now in stock...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

biegaman wrote:500 packages were ordered and will be distributed to 53 stores, chosen by the LCBO. We have pleaded with them to allow other stores to order it but nope.
Big Brother knows best! :)

I'm looking forward to the Smoked Porter and Coffee Milk Stout even more. Stone's densely flavored Imperial stouts (including Anniversary) are among my favorites, and this little stout will be an excellent quaffer.

Thanks guy.
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Belgian wrote: I'm looking forward to the...Coffee Milk Stout even more. Stone's densely flavored Imperial stouts (including Anniversary) are among my favorites, and this little stout will be an excellent quaffer.
Don't expect much from the Coffee Milk Stout; it's decent but nothing spectacular. The Smoked Porter, on the other hand, is an excellent beer.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »