Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

spinrsx wrote:Is all of the lake effect ipa at the lcbo from November? One of my local lcbos has 600 cans in stock... was there a new batch?
Yes, more than one

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

But not a regular listing? What is the most recent canning date I should be on the lookout for?
PeenSteen wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Is all of the lake effect ipa at the lcbo from November? One of my local lcbos has 600 cans in stock... was there a new batch?
Yes, more than one

walz22

Post by walz22 »

spinrsx wrote:But not a regular listing? What is the most recent canning date I should be on the lookout for?
PeenSteen wrote:
Yes, more than one
The stamps on the cans I currently have are pretty blurry, but it seems like the canning date is Jan. 6.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Lagunitas IPA now showing stock. Picked up a sixer today in Vaughan. No dates on the bottles or packaging that I could find...

skootles

Post by skootles »

spinrsx wrote:Seems like the lcbo moved really fast with this ipa.. what is the date on the bottles?

So we have 2 lagunitas IPA's at the lcbo (maximus from the spring release - and the regular IPA which I figure is a regular listing), not too shabby
I saw some at the LCBO at Dundas/Dovercourt last night, I looked on the bottle but couldn't find a date (and had somewhere to be so I couldn't spend too long looking over the box).

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

lagunitas dates their stuff on should/neck of the bottles in black ink, it's hard to see but it should be there

I see that their agent put a post up about 'lagunitas IPA shipped to the lcbo today!' on Nov 15th..
Last edited by spinrsx on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

spinrsx wrote:lagunitas dates their stuffon should/neck of the bottles in black ink, it's hard to see but it should be there

I see that their agent put a post up about 'lagunitas IPA shipped to the lcbo today!' on Nov 15th..
I will avoid until a fresher batch arrives...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

as far as I can tell, lagunitas IPA is a regular listing at the lcbo now

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Is it too much to hope that we might see fresh Lil' Sumpin' down the road?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I wouldn't rule it out. We have the IPA now, the Maximus IPA coming in the spring, and peensteen mentioned that the Imperial Stout is coming too..

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

i'm not really huge on lagunitas' IPAs tbh but if we got some sucks...

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Lagunitas IPA was bottled Jan 11, 2016.

From Fresh Beer Only...
Lagunitas: Uses a bottling date. Julian date code which is written in black on the neck of the bottle. There are 2 lines. First line has 3 digits followed by a space, then one more digit. The first three digits represent the day of the year, last digit is the last number of the year. Ex: 135 3 would be the 135th day of 2013 (May 15). Second line is batch number and military time.
My bottle shows 0112016 in black on the neck. I would presume that means January 11, 2016, right?

I wasn't planning on buying it, as I had just assumed it would be stale and I've had it fresh in California before. It was at room temperature on the shelf, so I've yet to try it.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Pretty decent by lcbo standards. Wonder how it made it through so quick. I remember the old Sierra Nevada and Green Flash etc..
jp_jkl wrote:Lagunitas IPA was bottled Jan 11, 2016.

From Fresh Beer Only...
Lagunitas: Uses a bottling date. Julian date code which is written in black on the neck of the bottle. There are 2 lines. First line has 3 digits followed by a space, then one more digit. The first three digits represent the day of the year, last digit is the last number of the year. Ex: 135 3 would be the 135th day of 2013 (May 15). Second line is batch number and military time.
My bottle shows 0112016 in black on the neck. I would presume that means January 11, 2016, right?

I wasn't planning on buying it, as I had just assumed it would be stale and I've had it fresh in California before. It was at room temperature on the shelf, so I've yet to try it.

portwood

Post by portwood »

From Fresh Beer Only...

Not doubting your bottle but I think you may have missed a digit in your date (0112016).
My bottles state on the label: "Best before: see bottleneck"
and the print on the "bottleneck" is: "10112016 2"

I read that as: best before October 11, 2016

... visual proof could be provided if I knew how to post a photo ...
@markhamwhisky

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

portwood wrote:

From Fresh Beer Only...

Not doubting your bottle but I think you may have missed a digit in your date (0112016).
My bottles state on the label: "Best before: see bottleneck"
and the print on the "bottleneck" is: "10112016 2"

I read that as: best before October 11, 2016

... visual proof could be provided if I knew how to post a photo ...
I was in Summerhill this morning and that is exactly what is on theirs: "10112016 2". How it is interpreted, I have no idea.