New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

BakaGaijin

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby BakaGaijin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:03 pm

darmokandjalad wrote:That offensively-named beer has no place on the LCBO's shelves. I'm going to write a letter to my congressman.

Member of Provincial Parliament
darmokandjalad

Postby darmokandjalad » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks, professor. :wink:
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Postby El Pinguino » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:35 am

Haha...last time Delirium Tremens was at the LCBO, I bought some for new Years and ended up with a GF I didn't want.....be careful with that stuff.
Ukie
Bar Fly

Postby Ukie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:09 am

El Pinguino wrote:Haha...last time Delirium Tremens was at the LCBO...

Its still available at TBS, in fact its on sale foe $3.95.
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Postby El Pinguino » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:11 am

Ukie wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:Haha...last time Delirium Tremens was at the LCBO...

Its still available at TBS, in fact its on sale foe $3.95.

Ya, DT is widely available on tap and at the beer store....I'll grab a pint now and then. I do miss the days of "secretly buying it" at the LCBO though.
The only thing I ever buy at the beer store is Trois Pistoles. (Or, possibly now Maudite, since its not at the LCBO anymore either)
CoolB

Postby CoolB » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:25 am

Regardless of availability DT is still a good beer and I was glad this morning when my wife messaged me to tell me her LCBO store picked it up. :)
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.
spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Postby spinrsx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Saw some fat tug at the lcbo today that had no date on it. The last batch was clearly labelled..
Masterplan wrote:My LCBO just got another shipment of fat tug, are they still selling bottles from October or is there fresher stock?
Lukie

Postby Lukie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:39 pm

How long has TBS had the Smuttynose Finestkind? Just spotted today, when getting a bunch of Delerium.
Also, it's good to see Trois Pistoles back.
Lecocq

Postby Lecocq » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:49 pm

I'd say it is going on a couple of months now of Smuttynose IPA @ TBS. I believe it is being carried at the vast majority of the self serve stores.
zane9

Postby zane9 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Lecocq wrote:I'd say it is going on a couple of months now of Smuttynose IPA @ TBS. I believe it is being carried at the vast majority of the self serve stores.

Except in Hamilton :(
Ukie
Bar Fly

Postby Ukie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 am

zane9 wrote:
Lecocq wrote:I'd say it is going on a couple of months now of Smuttynose IPA @ TBS. I believe it is being carried at the vast majority of the self serve stores.

True, closest stores either Guelph or Woodstock, who have been restocked several times. I mentioned it before Christmas to a guy at James and Fennel, who said he was a fan and would look into getting some but that's the last I heard.

I phoned TBS HQ and the CSR said, after I asked "Why no Hamilton?", "That's what the brewery wanted!"

I did get some from the Guelph store and to be truthful wasn't blown away. I may have to re-visit and get some fresher stuff.
Coronaeus

Postby Coronaeus » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:15 am

Ukie wrote:
I phoned TBS HQ and the CSR said, after I asked "Why no Hamilton?", "That's what the brewery wanted!"

Wait, what? Smuttynose does not want their beer sold in Hamilton?

As a one-time resident of Hamilton, I enjoy a good joke at the city's expense as much as the next guy, but this is a bit of a head scratcher even if only partly true.
rfrf

Postby rfrf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:26 am

spinrsx wrote:Saw some fat tug at the lcbo today that had no date on it. The last batch was clearly labelled..
Masterplan wrote:My LCBO just got another shipment of fat tug, are they still selling bottles from October or is there fresher stock?

Yup, saw the same..
Lukie

Postby Lukie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Ukie wrote:
zane9 wrote:

True, closest stores either Guelph or Woodstock, who have been restocked several times. I mentioned it before Christmas to a guy at James and Fennel, who said he was a fan and would look into getting some but that's the last I heard.

I did get some from the Guelph store and to be truthful wasn't blown away. I may have to re-visit and get some fresher stuff.

I'm not blown away either by it. But hey, it's a relatively complex (esp. at warmer temps) if a bit muddled in taste and still blows away 99% of TBS' offerings.
spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Postby spinrsx » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:48 pm

So the case for these non marked bottles says Feb 10th. Pretty fresh I guess.

rfrf wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Saw some fat tug at the lcbo today that had no date on it. The last batch was clearly labelled..

Yup, saw the same..

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”