Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

New

Stoner Bruton Beer
LCBO#: 211770 | 750 mL bottle
$10.30

Part of the summer release?

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

spinrsx wrote:New

Stoner Bruton Beer
LCBO#: 211770 | 750 mL bottle
$10.30

Part of the summer release?
I think I've seen this beer on the menu of some bars/restaurants in Toronto, but I've always balked at paying the bar/restaurant premium, especially on a 750 mL bottle. I'll be sure to pick this one at the LCBO - I had pretty good experiences with Italian brewers attempting Belgian styles in Italy, though Birrificio Bruton was not among the brewers I tried. I did try their Bianca in Montreal a few years ago and it was a solid if unspectacular wit.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Amsterdam Cruiser now in tall cans at the lcbo

beerman80

Post by beerman80 »

New to TBS
Mad Jack Hard Root Beer is crafted with the flavours of spices and vanilla for a classic root beer taste with a smooth creamy finish.
5.0%

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

spinrsx wrote:Do we know if the ransack ipa is a regular listing?
I was pretty disapointed by this IPA. Mostly just because it's another that seems to be along the lines of western Canadian IPAs. Too much of a syrupy-like sweetness. Like Fat Tug. That's what I get anyways.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Blasphomet wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Do we know if the ransack ipa is a regular listing?
I was pretty disapointed by this IPA. Mostly just because it's another that seems to be along the lines of western Canadian IPAs. Too much of a syrupy-like sweetness. Like Fat Tug. That's what I get anyways.
Bingo! I couldn't put my finger on what it is about Fat Tug that puts me off a bit. I got the same effect with Ransack. Drinking a Robohop right now and I'd definitely hit this over Tug and Ransack.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Tried ransack and honestly cant understand the love for it??? Agree to disagree I guess but so many better IPAs from Ontario Brewers imho
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new:

FORKED RIVER RED COAT ALE
LCBO 457374 | 500 mL bottle
Price: $ 3.95

8 MAN ENGLISH PALE ALE
LCBO 453449 | 473 mL can
Price $ 2.85

beerman80

Post by beerman80 »

Bingo! I couldn't put my finger on what it is about Fat Tug that puts me off a bit. I got the same effect with Ransack. Drinking a Robohop right now and I'd definitely hit this over Tug and Ransack.[/quote]

Robohop is an IIPA, I would take pretty much any IIPA over any IPA that I have tried. Personally I like Amsterdam Fracture, Nickel Brook Immodest or Muskoka's Twice as Mad Tom....havent been able to get my hands on Robohop as of yet!

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Octopus wants to fight is hitting shelves. My wife just messaged me it's arrived at her store. :D :D Happy camper here :D

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

OWTF Doesn't seem to be listed on lcbo.com yet...

Already almost 3 week since initial release at the brewery. Hope LCBO can get this one out soon before they ruin another delicious IPA with age...
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

ercousin wrote:OWTF Doesn't seem to be listed on lcbo.com yet...

Already almost 3 week since initial release at the brewery. Hope LCBO can get this one out soon before they ruin another delicious IPA with age...
Text #2 just arrived on my phone :cry: They got it early so it gets to sit in the back of the store until it's able to scan.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

OWTF release date is April 1st.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

CoolB wrote:OWTF release date is April 1st.
Fat chance of that, if it isn't even showing as listed on the LCBO site yet. Since GLB said they'll be making multiple deliveries over coming months to LCBO I'll take the leap and hope that means it will also be available fairly continuously at the GLB retail too.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

El Pinguino wrote:
CoolB wrote:OWTF release date is April 1st.
Fat chance of that, if it isn't even showing as listed on the LCBO site yet. Since GLB said they'll be making multiple deliveries over coming months to LCBO I'll take the leap and hope that means it will also be available fairly continuously at the GLB retail too.
It's not uncommon for the LCBO to release things before they list them.