Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Excited about this.. wish it didn't involve a case minimun though..

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:Excited about this.. wish it didn't involve a case minimun though..
I'll definitely be interested in splitting cases 3 or 4 ways.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Ottawa lets do this. I'm sure we can get a case easy between us. I'm in.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Count me in, Ottawawans (??)!

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

I'm down for splitting too. Which beers are represented by keep6? Also does anyone know the website address that the new store will be under?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Lukie wrote:I'm down for splitting too. Which beers are represented by keep6? Also does anyone know the website address that the new store will be under?
Lukie here's their current portfolio: http://www.keep6imports.com/shop/?category=AVAILABLE

i was also wondering what the lcbo online site address will be. maybe we will find out tomorrow

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

A lot of those beers are showing up on Drinkvine, but with no inventory. Kinda sucks if they aren't going to be available in store, but only by the case.

Oh well, there is enough great stuff coming from local GTA breweries both in the LCBO and bottle-shop-only to keep happy, and keep me from having to buy an entire case. I was excited when I first saw those listings, buy my wallet started to sweat, so in a stupid way, I'm kind of relieved lol.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Will the Baltique Porter be avail. in the stores though?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Lukie wrote:Will the Baltique Porter be avail. in the stores though?
it appears their products are all part of the new LCBO online program which is possibly starting tomorrow, if not next week.
of course agencies can submit their products for regular listing, as keep6 did with aphrodite.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

No sign of the online store yet. Bummer. I guess they will advertise it once the site is live. So far, it's been a bit hush hush. Also, I know its not reasonable to expect them to deliver one or just a few bottles to individual stores, but I'd be nice if they could set up their online platform where people could hook up anonymously in beers they are interested in and pool money for a single order. The charm of getting beer through their online store is that, presumably, a lot of it will be new stuff we haven't seen at the LCBO, but who wants to pay $120+ and be stuck with an entire case they don't like?
Last edited by Lukie on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lukie wrote:... The charm of getting beer through their online store is that, presumably, a lot of it will be new stuff we haven't seen at the LCBO, but who wants to pay $120+ and be stuck with an entire case they don't like?
Side note, but can't you order anything from the LCBO by the case and within four weeks return/refund as many bottles as you don't want to keep?

At least I thought this is the work around, and people I've talked to in stores have actually encouraged it.
In Beerum Veritas

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Belgian wrote:
Lukie wrote:... The charm of getting beer through their online store is that, presumably, a lot of it will be new stuff we haven't seen at the LCBO, but who wants to pay $120+ and be stuck with an entire case they don't like?
Side note, but can't you order anything from the LCBO by the case and within four weeks return/refund as many bottles as you don't want to keep?

At least I thought this is the work around, and people I've talked to in stores have actually encouraged it.
It makes me wonder if they might change the SKU to represent a whole case, or write an online order specific return policy.
Is there anything similar to this in the framework of Vintages? I've never seen anything that was only sold by the case.

Hendextall

Post by Hendextall »

A friend was talking to a manager at the LCBO on Thursday and was told that the launch has been postponed. So we may be waiting a bit.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

admviolin wrote:It makes me wonder if they might change the SKU to represent a whole case, or write an online order specific return policy.
Is there anything similar to this in the framework of Vintages? I've never seen anything that was only sold by the case.
As I understood it the LCBO as a responsible monopoly politically can't force you to buy more bottles than you want of something, in general principle. All this to effect the whole rigmarole of people having to buy a case and immediately refund 80% of it, or whatever. and the LC can thus still maintain their 'policy' probably knowing well enough that in the vast majority of cases people won't even believe they can.

Open to comment.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ya, I agree on the whole buy as little as you want philosophy.
They can force you to buy a 4-pack, 6-pack, 500-pack.....doesn't matter on size, but if you really only want to drink ONE....they can't refuse to take back the rest of the product.
Sure, they could try to charge a fee or something for you to do that, but in the end "This is too much alcohol for me to safely drink" should be good enough reason to return anything they sell.

(I've been tempted to this for beer sometimes, buy a 6-pack....open it after paying in-store, take a bottle out...get back in line and return the remaining 5-pack under that premise)