Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

spinrsx wrote:new at TBS

Brygg Mastarens Organic
Can 500 ml Price: $2.55

Founders All Day IPA
Keg 58600 ml Price: $343.75

Honey Badger
Bottle 750 ml Price: $9.95

Phillips Short Wave Ale
Can 473 ml Price: $2.85

Phillips Bottle Rocket
Can 355 ml Price: $13.95

the Phillips still not in stock besides their web page saying so.
Reliable Beer Critic

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

spinrsx wrote:Whaaaat

Oh god! It's good, but 300ml was more than enough for me.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Kish84 wrote:

Definitely. I think I had a 100 ml of it and I'm good.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

DeMarco wrote:
Kish84 wrote:

Definitely. I think I had a 100 ml of it and I'm good.
i got a growler (had an IKEA kitchen assembly day).
was much, much better on tap at Volo.
really tasting a lot of off flavours on growler and not liking it

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Any word on when KBS will be on shelves yet?

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Gavin wrote:Any word on when KBS will be on shelves yet?
Summerhill and Forest Hill got a case or two in yesterday but it was sold out before noon today when I checked. Stock numbers on the website and app seem to be delayed by at least 4 hours. I'm sure it'll show up in much larger numbers shortly.

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

jp_jkl wrote:
Gavin wrote:Any word on when KBS will be on shelves yet?
Summerhill and Forest Hill got a case or two in yesterday but it was sold out before noon today when I checked. Stock numbers on the website and app seem to be delayed by at least 4 hours. I'm sure it'll show up in much larger numbers shortly.
Ok, cool, good to know. Thanks.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Noticed no KBS today but got some DDC Aphrodite (4 for $13.80 now) and Amager Prairie Tulsa Saison ($7.75) at Summerhill. It was almost like a bottle shop in there today, they had a few ($11) bombers of Stone RIS left and some other fine stuff like DDC Grande Noirceur. The Bench Citra Grove Sour ($11) might be super nice, I was impressed with the Saison they made.

Tried a Jamieson stout barrel aged sample at the promo counter. Not my thing, this.
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Belgian wrote:Noticed no KBS today but got some DDC Aphrodite (4 for $13.80 now) and Amager Prairie Tulsa Saison ($7.75) at Summerhill. It was almost like a bottle shop in there today, they had a few ($11) bombers of Stone RIS left and some other fine stuff like DDC Grande Noirceur. The Bench Citra Grove Sour ($11) might be super nice, I was impressed with the Saison they made.

Tried a Jamieson stout barrel aged sample at the promo counter. Not my thing, this.

I had the citra grove on tap in the summer and really enjoyed it. Havnt had the pleasure of the saison but I do love the Balls falls

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

According to LCBO website, KBS at Summerhill dropped from 2000 to 300 in a few hours, but when I was there around 2PM, there was easily 1000+ bottles in 24-bottle cases, if not 1500, between the beer and tequila (side of the cider fridges).

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Somehow, the King S and William LCBO in Waterloo got a bunch of Founders All Day in, looks like a couple GTA stores got some too.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Anyone know the bottle dates?
Kish84 wrote:Somehow, the King S and William LCBO in Waterloo got a bunch of Founders All Day in, looks like a couple GTA stores got some too.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Came across Old Tomorrow Monty's Aged Ryed Ale today (LCBO 498691 | 473 mL can).

There used to be an Old Tomorrow Monty's Golden Ryed Ale. Not sure if this is exactly the same thing or not.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

KBS at Rideau in Ottawa today.

portwood

Post by portwood »

Napalm Frog wrote:According to LCBO website, KBS at Summerhill dropped from 2000 to 300 in a few hours, but when I was there around 2PM, there was easily 1000+ bottles in 24-bottle cases, if not 1500, between the beer and tequila (side of the cider fridges).
From past observations I believe Summerhill manipulates inventory of high demand products (or what they perceive will be highly sought bottles) from showing accurate on-line numbers. Often they have inventory in the stockroom and/or on the floor and zero shows online.
I believe they do this for two reasons:
- don't want stores all over the province calling them for transfers
- don't want hundreds of customer calls to put product on hold
@markhamwhisky