New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:44 pm

new at TBS

Oskar Blues Dales Ale
Keg 58600 ml Price: $393.85

Guess we will see this at bars
User avatar
dale cannon
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby dale cannon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 am

There's a new Unibroue mix 12 at TBS, 2 each of:

BdC
LFDM
Raftman
Seigneuriale
A Tout Le Monde
Ephemere Sureau
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Belgian » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:16 am

dale cannon wrote:There's a new Unibroue mix 12 at TBS, 2 each of:
BdC
LFDM
Raftman
Seigneuriale
A Tout Le Monde
Ephemere Sureau

That's actually a decent Nostalgia Pack with a few interesting ones.

"Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!"
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:00 am

I guess we got this instead of the Lagunitas Citrusinensis that we were supposed to get

[NEW] Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale ($15.30/6 x 355 mL bottle)
Masterplan
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Masterplan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am

spinrsx wrote:I guess we got this instead of the Lagunitas Citrusinensis that we were supposed to get

[NEW] Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale ($15.30/6 x 355 mL bottle)

Love Lil' Sumpin' when fresh, but find it has a limited shelf life of only about 60 days before it becomes average fair.
User avatar
Blasphomet
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Blasphomet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Masterplan wrote:
spinrsx wrote:I guess we got this instead of the Lagunitas Citrusinensis that we were supposed to get

[NEW] Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale ($15.30/6 x 355 mL bottle)

Love Lil' Sumpin' when fresh, but find it has a limited shelf life of only about 60 days before it becomes average fair.


Yeah I don't even really buy any Lagunitas stuff... no idea how old they are. Same goes with Sierra Nevada and even the Founder's All Day I haven't picked up yet. Too many good breweries around the GTA making solid fresh IPAs, it's just not worth the price for those.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Craig » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm finding I tend to get Lagunitas mostly at venues with bad selections lately. Like the work events at big places downtown Toronto, lots of them have it on tap.
IPA_Lover
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Toronto

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby IPA_Lover » Tue May 02, 2017 10:25 am

Blasphomet wrote:
Masterplan wrote:
spinrsx wrote:I guess we got this instead of the Lagunitas Citrusinensis that we were supposed to get

[NEW] Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale ($15.30/6 x 355 mL bottle)

Love Lil' Sumpin' when fresh, but find it has a limited shelf life of only about 60 days before it becomes average fair.


Yeah I don't even really buy any Lagunitas stuff... no idea how old they are. Same goes with Sierra Nevada and even the Founder's All Day I haven't picked up yet. Too many good breweries around the GTA making solid fresh IPAs, it's just not worth the price for those.


BB or brewed on dates are on the bottle no? From what I remember the last batch of "SUCKS" to make it here was fairly fresh (for the LCBO) and tasted pretty good. Agreed though, there are so many good, fresh IPAs available locally now it's getting harder and harder to justify the cost of these US imports unless it's something fairly rare.
^^^Hop-head ^^^
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Tue May 02, 2017 11:39 am

anyone know how founders dates their all day IPA? I see best before Nov 2017, when was it brewed? Nov 2016?
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 713
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby sofakingdrunk » Tue May 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Belgian wrote:
dale cannon wrote:There's a new Unibroue mix 12 at TBS, 2 each of:
BdC
LFDM
Raftman
Seigneuriale
A Tout Le Monde
Ephemere Sureau

That's actually a decent Nostalgia Pack with a few interesting ones.

"Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!"


Picked this up the other day. I love the seigneiriale, I actually have a 2013 750 ml bottle in the fridge that I almost opened a few weeks ago. I crAcked into one of the Tout le Monde and was pleasantly surprised. I was half expecting it to be a gimmick beer that was just ok. However it's actually really nice. Super dry and crisp and it doesn't have the normal unibroue house yeast flavour. I'd buy this by the six(four) pack If it were available.
Generally I enjoy the ephemere series, so looking forward to getting into one of those.
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby beerstodiscover » Tue May 02, 2017 1:45 pm

dale cannon wrote:There's a new Unibroue mix 12 at TBS


I don't see this on the TBS website. What's it called?
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Mon May 08, 2017 6:40 pm

I see lagunitas lil sumpin is in stock now. Anyone happen to know the bottle dates?
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby S. St. Jeb » Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Common Good THE SOCIABLE PILSNER
LCBO 486472 | 473 mL can

MILL ST WELTERWEIGHT IPA
LCBO 499590 | 473 mL can
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 713
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby sofakingdrunk » Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
Belgian wrote:
dale cannon wrote:There's a new Unibroue mix 12 at TBS, 2 each of:
BdC
LFDM
Raftman
Seigneuriale
A Tout Le Monde
Ephemere Sureau

That's actually a decent Nostalgia Pack with a few interesting ones.

"Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!"


Picked this up the other day. I love the seigneiriale, I actually have a 2013 750 ml bottle in the fridge that I almost opened a few weeks ago. I crAcked into one of the Tout le Monde and was pleasantly surprised. I was half expecting it to be a gimmick beer that was just ok. However it's actually really nice. Super dry and crisp and it doesn't have the normal unibroue house yeast flavour. I'd buy this by the six(four) pack If it were available.
Generally I enjoy the ephemere series, so looking forward to getting into one of those.



Got into the ephemere yesterday and I think it may be the best of ephemere I've had, really nice. Again, the traditional unibroue yeast flavour wasn't there, unless I just missed it. This pack is a real winner, I'm not much of a wit beer guy so the Blanche i could really take or leave, but at least the wife drinks it.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Belgian » Tue May 09, 2017 8:02 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Generally I enjoy the ephemere series, so looking forward to getting into one of those.

Got into the ephemere yesterday and I think it may be the best of ephemere I've had, really nice. Again, the traditional unibroue yeast flavour wasn't there, unless I just missed it. This pack is a real winner, I'm not much of a wit beer guy so the Blanche i could really take or leave, but at least the wife drinks it.

I love Ephemere Pomme so much, tastes like a fall orchard. It was a great deal for 4.95 a 750ml when we had it.

This series is always quite good even if they don't all measure up equally such as with the Poire/Pear. I would never pass on the Blanche Chamby Witbier either, but then I like the style if it's a real solid one like St. Bernardus or Charlevoix. BD Chambly clears well for years in a well–kept bottle, thanks to bottle conditioning
In Beerum Veritas

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests