Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Collective Project: IPA No 3 by Collective Arts Brewing
IPA - American / $3.45 (473 mL can)

Hope it's as good as No. 2...

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

KBS tasting amazing , esp when you can cop it at $7.25/4pack. Lol these BO employees can be so brain dead.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Masterplan wrote:Collective Project: IPA No 3 by Collective Arts Brewing
IPA - American / $3.45 (473 mL can)

Hope it's as good as No. 2...

I thought the No2 was nice, but wasn't feeling it the way others seemed to be for some reason. Looking forward to checking out no3 though

HeadyestTopper

Post by HeadyestTopper »

The Collective Arts IPA No. 3 is incredibly delicious!

alsiem

Post by alsiem »

Yes, looking forward to trying IPA 3. I'm drifting to the do not like Ransack the Universe opinion but enjoyed IPA 2 very much. Hops defiantly an individual preference.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^I'm a big fan of Ransack, but like I said, not so much the #2. Just sipping on the #3 right now and it's really good. Very citra heavy. Actually remdinds me a lot of the last version of Great Lakes karma citra. Excellent stuff

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Yup, #3 is really good.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

I missed out on #2 and was kinda bummed since I heard mostly good things about it. Looking forward to trying #3 (lots of stock everywhere right now). Thanks for the heads up folks.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

cratez wrote:I missed out on #2 and was kinda bummed since I heard mostly good things about it. Looking forward to trying #3 (lots of stock everywhere right now). Thanks for the heads up folks.
#2 is good, but I think I'd still pick Ransack over it. #3 is the best of the bunch IMO.

bradb

Post by bradb »

Quotashun wrote:
cratez wrote:I missed out on #2 and was kinda bummed since I heard mostly good things about it. Looking forward to trying #3 (lots of stock everywhere right now). Thanks for the heads up folks.
#2 is good, but I think I'd still pick Ransack over it. #3 is the best of the bunch IMO.
This is how I rank them as well.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

without a lateral tasting, I think #3 stands out over 1 and 2, just very cleanly executed to bring out flavour. A little bit in the direction of Trillium who are the masters.
Reliable Beer Critic

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

bradb wrote:
Quotashun wrote:
This is how I rank them as well.
Okay but how do you rank No. 1? Fourth? :D

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

^lol I somehow missed #1.

bradb

Post by bradb »

Didn't get an opportunity to try No. 1, unfortunately. Odd release compared to the others in the project series.

So yea, fourth by default :)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »