Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

CBS showing stock

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Founders Breakfast Stout has moved to all year availability as per their 2018 Availability Calendar. Does anyone know if we'll be getting this one all year or is it seasonal here?

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

spinrsx wrote:CBS showing stock
Hmm, LCBO site still lists no stock available when I search all stores. Where did you see stock available?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Was showing in Ottawa for about 20 minutes or so.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

Stock was earmarked and already gone - didn't make it to the shelf. Founders website confirms a "launch" event at Summerhill next Wednesday December 13 at 9:30 with roll out at other LCBO locations to begin December 14. https://foundersbrewing.com/events/cbs- ... hill-lcbo/

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

gjkerr wrote:
Stock was earmarked and already gone - didn't make it to the shelf. Founders website confirms a "launch" event at Summerhill next Wednesday December 13 at 9:30 with roll out at other LCBO locations to begin December 14. https://foundersbrewing.com/events/cbs- ... hill-lcbo/
Ah, got it now. Thanks! I have a feeling there'll be a mad dash for this one...

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

seangm wrote:
gjkerr wrote:
Ah, got it now. Thanks! I have a feeling there'll be a mad dash for this one...
That case in Ottawa definitely made it to the shelf (likely by accident). I picked up a couple. Drinking it right now.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Nice to see the Founders CEO coming to Toronto. Hopefully this means the start of a long relationship between Founders and the LCBO.

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

Zuma wrote:That case in Ottawa definitely made it to the shelf (likely by accident). I picked up a couple. Drinking it right now.
My mistake - from posts elsewhere it seemed like at least one case went this way. Good for you!

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

gjkerr wrote:
Zuma wrote:That case in Ottawa definitely made it to the shelf (likely by accident). I picked up a couple. Drinking it right now.
My mistake - from posts elsewhere it seemed like at least one case went this way. Good for you!
There was a four pack left when I got there. Which is fine by me. Now I can ignore the rollout on the 14th.

Whoever bought the rest of the case got a deal. While I was in line the staff were discussing how the other bottles were incorrectly sold at the Breakfast Stout price.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Zuma wrote:
gjkerr wrote:
There was a four pack left when I got there. Which is fine by me. Now I can ignore the rollout on the 14th.

Whoever bought the rest of the case got a deal. While I was in line the staff were discussing how the other bottles were incorrectly sold at the Breakfast Stout price.

Lol lcbo....you think they would have figured out pricing after the multiple fuck-ups of the kbs

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

More cbs listed now

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Don’t bother going to Summerhill. They put it all back for next week.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

The CBS stock in Toronto disappeared before the store even opened. Somebody must have caught that mistake.

This is exactly what happened earlier this year when Goose Island released Gillian. A bunch of bottles were sold at Summerhill at a fraction of the price days before it was supposed to be officially released. I went the next morning hoping to score a deal. They had realized it and refused to sell me the bottle even though it was still on the shelf. Whatever. A bunch of people reported buying 4 packs of KBS for the price of a single bottle weeks after that.

Shit don't change.