New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby atomeyes » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:42 pm

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?

It's actually just north of 15,000 from what I have seen and been told :)

the bottom line:
zero reason to freak out unless some d-bags are buying huge amounts to resell.
so the lcbo should put a 12 bottle limit and that reduces some problems.

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9800
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Belgian » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:30 pm

atomeyes wrote:we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues

This is exactly what should be understood.

We go from Ontario scarcity panic to Ontario over-supply. That said, 400 cases really isn't much if I could do with about another half-case or so and there may be several thousand of LCBO customers competing for even a few bottles.

I always like to try before I buy, that's the main reason to hustle. There's no flies on this batch of CBS or Backwoods for that matter. Why have a forum except to communicate salient information (and watch members annoy each other.)
In Beerum Veritas
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby JeffPorter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 pm

atomeyes wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?

It's actually just north of 15,000 from what I have seen and been told :)

the bottom line:
zero reason to freak out unless some d-bags are buying huge amounts to resell.
so the lcbo should put a 12 bottle limit and that reduces some problems.

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues



Exactly - let them have their little show on Wednesday, and on Thursday we’ll all be brushing our teeth with the stuff.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby JeffPorter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Belgian wrote:
I always like to try before I buy, that's the main reason to hustle. There's no flies on this batch of CBS or Backwoods for that matter.


Which is exactly why you shotgun a bottle at the cash right after you buy and go back for more.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
User avatar
darmokandjalad
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:04 pm
Location: Ridgetown, ON

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby darmokandjalad » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:51 pm

JeffPorter wrote:
Belgian wrote:
I always like to try before I buy, that's the main reason to hustle. There's no flies on this batch of CBS or Backwoods for that matter.


Which is exactly why you shotgun a bottle at the cash right after you buy and go back for more.


But how am I supposed to puncture a bottle with my car keys?
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby beerstodiscover » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 am

At this price/quantity we should be playing flip-cup with CBS. Or beer pong. Maybe put some through a funnel?
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby JeffPorter » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:00 pm

darmokandjalad wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
Belgian wrote:
I always like to try before I buy, that's the main reason to hustle. There's no flies on this batch of CBS or Backwoods for that matter.


Which is exactly why you shotgun a bottle at the cash right after you buy and go back for more.


But how am I supposed to puncture a bottle with my car keys?



I just assumed shotgunning was me putting it on a fence post for target practice
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: Mississauga
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm

atomeyes wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?

It's actually just north of 15,000 from what I have seen and been told :)

the bottom line:
zero reason to freak out unless some d-bags are buying huge amounts to resell.
so the lcbo should put a 12 bottle limit and that reduces some problems.

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues

No doubt! Then again, they sold A&G without limits, which is ridiculous. I don't think we'll ever see limits on beer at the LCBO.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1681
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Craig » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm

We have before. BCBS and Westvleteren both had limits.
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby atomeyes » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:14 am

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:the bottom line:
zero reason to freak out unless some d-bags are buying huge amounts to resell.
so the lcbo should put a 12 bottle limit and that reduces some problems.

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues

No doubt! Then again, they sold A&G without limits, which is ridiculous. I don't think we'll ever see limits on beer at the LCBO.


you mean "Armand and Tomme". A&G isn't at the LCBO...yet. :)
BakaGaijin
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby BakaGaijin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:30 am

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues[/quote]
No doubt! Then again, they sold A&G without limits, which is ridiculous. I don't think we'll ever see limits on beer at the LCBO.[/quote][/quote]

you mean "Armand and Tomme". A&G isn't at the LCBO...yet. :)[/quote]

A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby atomeyes » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 am

BakaGaijin wrote:A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.


pretty sure he's referring to the A&T release years back.
and just an FYI, heard that A&G was listed accidentally. all purchases were apparently refunded and it will be listed again.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9800
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

since we're sharing information

Postby Belgian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Oh so ARMAND & GASTON is what you guys are on about. I thought it was something like that, in crypto-beer code.

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze special release.

I did snag a few Armand & Tomme / Tommy a years back, man that was a pain but I think the third or fourth store I physically went to still had it.
In Beerum Veritas
rfrf
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:55 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby rfrf » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 pm

atomeyes wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.


pretty sure he's referring to the A&T release years back.
and just an FYI, heard that A&G was listed accidentally. all purchases were apparently refunded and it will be listed again.

some purchases were honored.
BakaGaijin
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby BakaGaijin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:51 pm

rfrf wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.


pretty sure he's referring to the A&T release years back.
and just an FYI, heard that A&G was listed accidentally. all purchases were apparently refunded and it will be listed again.

some purchases were honored.


Yup....I drank one!

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests