Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Craig wrote:I'd have no trouble at all going through 6 fresh grapefruit Sculpins. Very good beer.
'Fresh' maybe being operative. I'll reserve judgement. And I'll try to drink the remainders while working outside, this can amplify beer awesomeness in unexpected new ways,
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this looks interesting

Name: PLAID HABIT - CANADIAN WHISKEY IMPERIAL BROWN
Style: Brown Ale
Brewery: Boulevard Brewing Co.
Price: $14.95 per 750 mL bottle

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

spinrsx wrote:this looks interesting

That sounds awesome and has great reviews. Looking forward to this.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Mother of Dragons (Game of Thrones Royal Reserve)
750 mL bottle | LCBO#: 639013
$14.00

BB 31/10/2020

LCBO site says a combo of smoked porter and kriek.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

ry_kinney wrote:
spinrsx wrote:this looks interesting

That sounds awesome and has great reviews. Looking forward to this.
It’s an excellent American strong ale. Get it while you can.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Orval_Al

Post by Orval_Al »

Jesus...drinking an Exchange Brewery "New England" IPA that was just released at the LCBO in cans. $4.25 I should add.

It is absolutely horrendous. Looks like a west coast IPA and just tastes like alcohol. Hardly any discernible hops, and none of the qualities associated with the style. Almost a weird Belgian tripel taste. What a mess.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Orval_Al wrote:Jesus...drinking an Exchange Brewery "New England" IPA that was just released at the LCBO in cans. $4.25 I should add.

It is absolutely horrendous. Looks like a west coast IPA and just tastes like alcohol. Hardly any discernible hops, and none of the qualities associated with the style. Almost a weird Belgian tripel taste. What a mess.
Completely agree regarding labelling it a New England IPA. Not sure what in the hell they were thinking. Not a worthy beer. Bought one and drank it while drunk so tried another. Will not buy again.

Orval_Al

Post by Orval_Al »

Blasphomet wrote:
Orval_Al wrote:Jesus...drinking an Exchange Brewery "New England" IPA that was just released at the LCBO in cans. $4.25 I should add.

Completely agree regarding labelling it a New England IPA. Not sure what in the hell they were thinking. Not a worthy beer. Bought one and drank it while drunk so tried another. Will not buy again.
In related news, picked up a couple of the new Sidelaunch Gateway IPA, also branded on the can as a New England style.

This one actually fits the profile in terms of flavour and is quite nice overall. Appearance on the other hand once again doesn't make sense for a NEIPA. It looks like a Creemore in the glass. Odd copper colour. At least they got half of it right?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Just wanna say it’s soooo nice to be drinking Thomas Hardy Ale again...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Wellington Mix Pack Volume 6 is now in cans. unfortunately none of the beers in the pack are new.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

JaseWescott wrote:Wellington Mix Pack Volume 6 is now in cans. unfortunately none of the beers in the pack are new.
But the Rhubarb Saison and Raked Over IPA are new to LCBO distribution.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:Wellington Mix Pack Volume 6 is now in cans. unfortunately none of the beers in the pack are new.
Rhubarb Saison was in one of their past Welly Rebooted mix packs though, so it's really only one new beer for the LCBO. It's too bad, I enjoyed the mix packs in the past but I'll pass this time. I'm sure it saves them a lot of cost to include two core brands, but trying 4 unique beers was the whole reason I bought the previous packs.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

seangm wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
Rhubarb Saison was in one of their past Welly Rebooted mix packs though, so it's really only one new beer for the LCBO.
Ah, OK.

seangm wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
I'm sure it saves them a lot of cost to include two core brands, but trying 4 unique beers was the whole reason I bought the previous packs.
Yes. Others have done this too. It makes one pause to evaluate whether trying the new beer is worth getting the others.

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

seangm wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
Rhubarb Saison was in one of their past Welly Rebooted mix packs though, so it's really only one new beer for the LCBO. It's too bad, I enjoyed the mix packs in the past but I'll pass this time. I'm sure it saves them a lot of cost to include two core brands, but trying 4 unique beers was the whole reason I bought the previous packs.
Agreed. I think I've bought each pack so far but will be skipping this one.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
seangm wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote: But the Rhubarb Saison and Raked Over IPA are new to LCBO distribution.
I'm sure it saves them a lot of cost to include two core brands, but trying 4 unique beers was the whole reason I bought the previous packs.
Yes. Others have done this too. It makes one pause to evaluate whether trying the new beer is worth getting the others.
For sure. I did cave to get Tempest in that Amsterdam pack though, sometimes I can't resist.