Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Liverdie

Post by Liverdie »

JeffPorter wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Camerons Bourbon Barrel Deviator
Camerons Cognac Barrel VSPA
Nickelbrook Cuvee
Hop City Big Mouth Pale Ale

All coming to the LC
Thank God, I can finally talk about the Cameron's Cognac Barrel RPA...Been waiting for months for this...

Any mention of when?
so they barrel aged the RPA? Excellent, have they hired someone new over there?
Live or Die by Good Beer

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Liverdie wrote:
The bottle makes no mention of RPA. It may be easy to assume that RPA is the base beer, but I don't think I have seen confirmation of that anywhere. 7.7% ABV.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

How long has Cheval Blanc been at the Beer Store? Noticed it on their website yesterday and picked some up at Spadina & Bloor today.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Liverdie wrote:
The bottle makes no mention of RPA. It may be easy to assume that RPA is the base beer, but I don't think I have seen confirmation of that anywhere. 7.7% ABV.
A couple people from Cameron's told me months ago that they took some of the first batch of the RPA and were aging it in Cognac barrels, so I'm assuming this is it.. I find it funny that they didn't mention RPA either. Also surprised by the alcohol bump. The Deviator is also higher in abv. It's pretty unmistakably RPA when you try it, I find. I thought they would have blended some of the old and new, which I don't think they did.

It's still quite a bit hoppy considering that it's been in a barrel for a long time. More spicy and bitter and fruity, I'd say, as opposed to the big juiciness of the RPA. The aroma is more of the cognac and the rye, I think rather than citrusy hops.

Maybe someone will correct, but I'm fairly certain, it's from the first batch of RPA.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Baulz

Post by Baulz »

Noticed Flying Monkey's Stereovision showing on LCBO site but no stock yet, or any description. What is it? I would check the brewery site if it wasn't such a pain to use.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

listed as an amber on ratebeer, although when I had it on tap it was listed as an american pale ale
Baulz wrote:Noticed Flying Monkey's Stereovision showing on LCBO site but no stock yet, or any description. What is it? I would check the brewery site if it wasn't such a pain to use.

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

How long has Cheval Blanc been at the Beer Store? Noticed it on their website yesterday and picked some up at Spadina & Bloor today.
It started showing up on draught in a few places during the summer. It started hitting a few select TBS (mostly self-serve) shelves in early October. More stores adding it before the hoildays.

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

spinrsx wrote:listed as an amber on ratebeer, although when I had it on tap it was listed as an american pale ale
Baulz wrote:Noticed Flying Monkey's Stereovision showing on LCBO site but no stock yet, or any description. What is it? I would check the brewery site if it wasn't such a pain to use.
It's an American Wheat Ale

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

American Wheat, picked up a six at the brewery a few weeks back, definite improvement over summer batches IMO, far less vegetal flavours. Still not a blow you away beer, hopping more in tune with Hoptical than Smashbomb
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Beau's at the Beer Store in a wooden crate:
Unique Package Launches Beau’s into The Beer Store
Handcrafted pinewood 12-pack crates of Beau’s All Natural’s flagship beer, Lug Tread, to be sold through select TBS stores beginning this week

OTTAWA, TORONTO — (Dec. 18, 2012) Fans of Beau’s All Natural Brewery’s award-winning design will be able to purchase another one-of-a-kind beer package at select locations of The Beer Store (TBS) chain in Ontario, beginning this week. The 12-pack of 600 ml bottles of Beau’s flagship Lug Tread Lagered Ale, available through TBS, comes in branded, stackable pinewood crates.
The attractive, hand-sanded and stained crates are crafted locally in Vankleek Hill. Once emptied, they are designed to be repurposed for storage or stackable furniture (they fit an LP vinyl collection) or they can be returned to the brewery for a $30 credit towards a refill or in-store purchases.
“We still hear from people who want to buy the ceramic bottles that we used in 2008 to launch into the LCBO, so we recognize the importance of pairing great design with our beer,” says Beau’s creative director Jordan Bamforth, who conceived and designed the 12-pack crates.
“I would prefer not to sell into a system owned by our largest competitors, but the benefits are there for our customers, and so far they [TBS] have been nice folks who have worked together with us to make this happen,” notes Steve Beauchesne, co-founder of Beau’s. He adds: “We can’t sell a package this size into the LCBO, and the arrangement also allowed us to finally reach an agreement with TBS to get our custom glass bottles back for reuse.”
The Beau’s TBS 12-packs of 600 ml bottles will be available this week at the following 5 Beer Store locations, and will retail for $75. Crates can be returned to Beau’s Brewery in Vankleek Hill for a $30 credit, or they can be returned in Ottawa through BYBO, the home delivery service.

OTTAWA – 1546 Scott St
NEPEAN – 3500 Fallowfield Rd
KANATA – 499 Terry Fox
TORONTO SUMMERHILL – 10Price St
TORONTO LIBERTY VILLAGE – 120 Lynn Williams St

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Founders Centenial IPA - Not kidding, this is for real.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

PeenSteen wrote:Founders Centenial IPA - Not kidding, this is for real.
Coming Soon, or a New Arrival that is here?
This would be great news., if it managed to arrive relatively fresh.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

holy cow.. this is one of my favourite beers! you just made my day

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Coming soon...sorry dont know where to post this stuff anymore

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

PeenSteen wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
Coming soon...sorry dont know where to post this stuff anymore
I've slightly retitled the old "coming soon" thread and stickied it:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=84701

You can use that one for mentions of upcoming beers, while this one can be used for stuff that is actually on the shelves.