Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Café del Bastardo is now also showing stock at Queen's Quay, though not really much help to those outside the GTA.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Bought a few bottles of this a few years ago. Got a couple ounces into the first one then poured the rest away, wretched stuff. I found it completely unbalanced, and this was when FM was making some fairly decent beers. The other two bottles went back to lcbo.
Agreed when this was first released it was pretty crappy. But this is 2.0? So perhaps it's different than those big bottles? I'll pick up a can and see what's going on tonight.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Hot boozy malty mess that supercollider was...curious if it's got any better.
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Provost Drunk wrote:Always interesting to hear different perspectives. Personally, I love Peche on nitro; it adds great texture. But I would agree that this is a world class beer in all formats.

Which reminds me - Peche Day is next weekend. One of the years, I hope the cognac barrel aged variation finds its way outside of the Province of Quebec (or, in the alternative, I find myself in Quebec for Peche Day)!
cognac and brandy double barrel.....I doubt it makes it out of qc unless they make it again.

Four packs of bourbon/Veniel/Peach/special edition (different coffee) are being released Saturday.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but I've just seen Orval on the shelf, along with Tripel
Karmeleit. A bit strange, as guelph is usually rather slow at getting the rollout

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but I've just seen Orval on the shelf, along with Tripel
Karmeleit. A bit strange, as guelph is usually rather slow at getting the rollout
Great news! Just drank a750ml tripel karm on the weekend, which i got in the states. Fantastic!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

All Day IPA is listed now

Founders All Day IPA
LCBO#: 486514 | 6 x 355 mL bottle
$14.20

this too

Rainhard Brewing Kapow West Coast Ipa
LCBO#: 474999 | 500 mL bottle
$5.95
Last edited by spinrsx on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but I've just seen Orval on the shelf, along with Tripel
ooo, speedvale?

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

King and William in Waterloo had Orval, said there was 44 when I checked Saturday morning. I grabbed 6, and there were only 6 left on the shelf.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

distr0 wrote:
ooo, speedvale?

Yeah man

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

spinrsx wrote:All Day IPA is listed now

Founders All Day IPA
LCBO#: 486514 | 6 x 355 mL bottle
$14.20

this too

Rainhard Brewing Kapow West Coast Ipa
LCBO#: 474999 | 500 mL bottle
$5.95
Also:
Napanee Blacklist German Lager
Lager - Dark / $3.20 (473 mL can)

Which is a pretty decent brew.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

so how many months old do you think the all day is gonna be?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

also:
Bench Citra Grove Sour
—LCBO#: 498592 | 750 mL bottle
$10.95 6%ABV

there are 3 x 4packs of DDC Grande Noirceur on LCBO online at the moment if there's none at your local

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm all about Citra Grove at the 'BO. Is that the first dry-hopped sour in the LCBO?

Shame about the format/price though. I'd love to get that in six pack sort of formats.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

No more Orval at Speedvale folks
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.