Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Thanks Biegs. I will grab at least a couple of the Stone to inform the LC geniuses that this beer does have a place in our little province, since they are clearly too thick to realize that this has already been the case here for some years now… wow!! They never fail to blow my mind, among other things. I do see some good supply at Danforth and Ellerbeck location.
In Beerum Veritas

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Had an IPA and Cali-Belgique this weekend and they drank good. Real good.

mojo

Post by mojo »

-Liam- wrote:It's very difficult not to just go straight for a Headstock, which can always be found dated within a few days of it coming off the canning line.
I mean it seems there are 3 main reasons to avoid the Stone - 1. They are just about knocking on the expiry date. 2. They're 9 bones each and 3. It's not even that good!
Fresh GLB and NB right on our doorstep is not to be sniffed at. But personally, I would also love to see a lot more of the Quebec beers down here (fresh, of course!). Why don't we get more of the yummy DDC and Trou Du Diable offerings?
Keep 6 can only import so much (high demand in QC), and it often goes straight to bars. You can find a huge selection of DDC and TDD at a lot of great bars around the city.

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

mojo wrote:
Keep 6 can only import so much (high demand in QC), and it often goes straight to bars. You can find a huge selection of DDC and TDD at a lot of great bars around the city.
Yes and is usually pretty pricey.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at TBS:

Swing Bridge Blonde Ale
Quantity: 1 × Can 473 ml Price: $2.90

Stonehammer Oatmeal Coffee
Quantity: 1 × Can 473 ml Price: $3.05

Lake Wilcox Mad Quacker
Quantity: 6 × Can 473 ml Price: $17.40

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Ommegang Game of Thrones Three Eyed Raven BB 04/14/2017

Tonite with supper

Ok its tonite:

Interesting beer , 7.2% abv , pours dark with a good head almost looks like a stout but tastes like a saison/farmhouse, lots of different flavours present, pick any two they will probably be there. Thought once it aged a bit might come together a bit better and then the bottle was empty.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I have Stone IPA chilling in the sink with six pounds of ice.

Too patient to wait, apparently...
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Drinking the ipa now. You're right, tastes fantastic. If this was here in 6 packs instead of a $9 bomber, I'd be thrilled.
jeremyg wrote:Had an IPA and Cali-Belgique this weekend and they drank good. Real good.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Drinking Rogue's Voodoo Donut Lemon Crueller Ale... It's vile, god damned vile. It tastes like someone took a cheap ale and stirred a lemon jelly donut into it. Don't try unless you're an experimental idiot like me.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Napalm Frog wrote:Drinking Rogue's Voodoo Donut Lemon Crueller Ale... It's vile, god damned vile. It tastes like someone took a cheap ale and stirred a lemon jelly donut into it. Don't try unless you're an experimental idiot like me.
Sold!

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

spinrsx wrote:Drinking the ipa now. You're right, tastes fantastic. If this was here in 6 packs instead of a $9 bomber, I'd be thrilled.
jeremyg wrote:Had an IPA and Cali-Belgique this weekend and they drank good. Real good.
If Stone IPA was less than or equal to $15.00 for a six pack, I wouldn't buy any other IPAs from the LCBO. (Other than Thrust!, Karma and Lake Effect once at the beginning of each release).

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

Napalm Frog wrote:Drinking Rogue's Voodoo Donut Lemon Crueller Ale... It's vile, god damned vile. It tastes like someone took a cheap ale and stirred a lemon jelly donut into it. Don't try unless you're an experimental idiot like me.
ew

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Glad to know my intuition is occasionally correct and that it indeed tastes as bad as I imagined.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I don't understand how they are continuing to expand this series of awful beer. Each one has been slightly more vile than its predecessor.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

I tapped out at 12 oz, gave my friend 4 oz, and ended up drain pouring the last 2, couldn't do it. I'm also gonna submit to the novelty of the sriracha beer tonight... I'm scared...