Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Anyone know if Delirium is still around in Beer Stores around these parts?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Blasphomet wrote:Anyone know if Delirium is still around in Beer Stores around these parts?
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/delirium-tremens

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

DeMarco wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Rogue lemon donut and their sriracha beer are listed now

Also listed is the latest game of thrones beer
Having a hard time finding these in the system, can you re-post the numbers? Sorry.

Three Eyed Raven GofT #426445

Rogue Sriracha #427062

Rogue Lemon Donut #420562

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Ukie wrote:
DeMarco wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Rogue lemon donut and their sriracha beer are listed now

Also listed is the latest game of thrones beer
Having a hard time finding these in the system, can you re-post the numbers? Sorry.

Three Eyed Raven GofT #426445

Rogue Sriracha #427062

Rogue Lemon Donut #420562
Thanks, I guess I'm just not seeing these listed yet.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Finally! A beer that tastes like chili and garlic sauce.

Man, just put your sriracha on your food and drink a beer with it.
saintjohnswort.ca

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

saints_gambit wrote:Finally! A beer that tastes like chili and garlic sauce.

Man, just put your sriracha on your food and drink a beer with it.
Agreed. It's pretty terrible.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Stone stuff finally showing up on the site

didn't realize they were 650 ml bottles :/

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

DeMarco wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:Anyone know if Delirium is still around in Beer Stores around these parts?
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/delirium-tremens
Thanks. Picked some up last night. Beer Store guy said they've been having a bitch of a time getting it, even though it's supposed to me a regular beer for them now.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

darmokandjalad wrote:
jeremyg wrote: have you read the signage in the beer store lately?
Kind of a tangent, but here's something that mildly amused me from their website.

They list four 'types' of beer, the last of which is just called 'Malts'. The description they give - "Generally dark and sweeter in flavour, malts contain hints of caramel, toffee, and nuts. They can be light to full bodied." - makes me wonder if they are describing a brown ale or something.

Clicking the list of 'malts' that they have on offer helps with the confusion, because you finally realize that they are talking about malternatives (e.g. malt liquors and those diabetic-nightmare-a-rita things). Oddly enough, Wellington's Iron Duke is also lumped into this category, making it the only product listed that even begins to meet their outlined prereqs of a 'malt'.

I'm just glad that they don't even bother mentioning lambics or sours anymore. Their old website included those, even though they don't actually sell them, which in my books basically amounts to corporate trolling.

That being said, thebeerstore.com is still better than the LCBO's current site, sadly enough.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

jeremyg wrote:Stone stuff finally showing up on the site

didn't realize they were 650 ml bottles :/
Yeah me either. :/

Maybe this being Ontario they figured we must love tall bottles...

Dividing that $8.95 cost in half, can't help ask - how would they manage to sell a single 340ml of Stone IPA here for $4.50?
Or for that matter a six pack for $27? Who'd BUY that?
A two-four of IPA for $102 (and not special-order) would look kind of wacky, same price for a 12-case of these bombers.

* sigh *
In Beerum Veritas

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I know this isn't the right place, but these three or four threads here seem to be the most active, so I was curious... when you guys head down to Premiere Gourmet, when you're crossing over into the States, do you just tell the border guards that you are litteraly crossing to buy beer/go shopping, or do you lie and make something else up? Do you often do day trips or do you spend the night on the NY side of the river?

I haven't been down in a few years and am going to head to PG again soon, so I was just curious what some of you folks do.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Blasphomet wrote:... when you're crossing over into the States, do you just tell the border guards that you are litteraly crossing to buy beer...

I haven't been down in a few years and am going to head to PG again soon, so I was just curious what some of you folks do.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Canadian $ isn't at par anymore.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Blasphomet wrote:I know this isn't the right place, but these three or four threads here seem to be the most active, so I was curious... when you guys head down to Premiere Gourmet, when you're crossing over into the States, do you just tell the border guards that you are litteraly crossing to buy beer/go shopping, or do you lie and make something else up? Do you often do day trips or do you spend the night on the NY side of the river?

American side? I just tell them it's a shopping trip/beer run. They know we have much higher beer prices and so they don't question it
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

gordonpeterwiebe

Post by gordonpeterwiebe »

$9 for an underwhelming IPA... no, thanks.
Has there been any news/rumours of Elysian getting here anytime in the future? I would think that with their buyout by a major player that the door might have creaked open a little bit. They've impressed me (space dust, dayglow) far more than anything that Stone or SN has produced.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ukie wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:... when you're crossing over into the States, do you just tell the border guards that you are litteraly crossing to buy beer...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Canadian $ isn't at par anymore.
The US exchange is an infected dog's ass right now. * sigh * How do we drop 40 freaking cents against the USD? They don't even have an economic future with the retard banks and investment companies running wild and f**king things up & the loosest regulations on earth guaranteed to create the future third world… oh well, good luck, 'Murica.
In Beerum Veritas