Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

BakaGaijin wrote:Also noticed Prairie Bible Belt and Oh, Fudge on the shelf.
:o Which store was this?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Orval in Hamilton, but going fast. Store I went to got in 48 and sold 15 today already. And no I didn't buy 15.

Botting date 25/09/2020
BB 25/09/2025

Also they had Ola Dubh 18, Bottled July 2020 BB Sept 2023, Haha as if!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

cratez wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Also noticed Prairie Bible Belt and Oh, Fudge on the shelf.
:o Which store was this?
Cornwall in Oakville. You should be able to check 8nventory on LCBO website.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:I picked up Orval, bottled late Sept 2020. Pretty fresh!

Also FYI LCBO has stopped taking any returns during lockdown. I had planned to return some rather stale beer xmas gifts but was told by the clerk to to hold on to them until lockdown ends... could be a while.

I see that Orval has been listed in Guelph now :).
Unfortunate about returns as I’ve got a bottle of gin to return that would have gotten me a dozen or so bottles.
I missed it, sigh. Maybe more will come? Or online inventory?

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

Stille Nacht should start to appear on shelves by next week.
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

BakaGaijin wrote:Cornwall in Oakville. You should be able to check inventory on LCBO website.
Managed to grab both beers and some Orval at the Bloor Kingsway and Weston stores. Thanks for the heads up, though! There were only a few Bible Belts and less than a dozen Oh Fudges left when I went, and I grabbed the last bottles of Orval at Bloor Kingsway. Cheers!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Craig wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

Also FYI LCBO has stopped taking any returns during lockdown. I had planned to return some rather stale beer xmas gifts but was told by the clerk to to hold on to them until lockdown ends... could be a while.

Unfortunate about returns as I’ve got a bottle of gin to return that would have gotten me a dozen or so bottles.

I grabbed the last 3 bottles from The downtown store last night. 48 Sold in under 2 days. Hopefully Speedvale gets some in, they usually have good stock of Belgian beers

chingobingo

Post by chingobingo »

The amount of Orval selling through the LCBO is unbelievable. There are many stores that have had people buying it by the case. If this kind of pattern of high sales continues, the board will be more likely to want to have it carried year round.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Craig wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

More bottles at downtown store, as of 6 this evening when I was in there. Grabbed 6 more.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

chingobingo wrote:The amount of Orval selling through the LCBO is unbelievable. There are many stores that have had people buying it by the case. If this kind of pattern of high sales continues, the board will be more likely to want to have it carried year round.

I’d like to agree....but never trust the LCBO to do anything logical. The speed and number of bottles selling is really something though.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Westmalle Trippel is in stock online.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gleemer Imports wrote:Stille Nacht should start to appear on shelves by next week.
First bottle of this. wonderful. The kind of BSA I do not tire of, probably favor this over Chimay Bleu, Rochefort 8 and the like (which are of course great in themselves.)
Thank you Gleemer for your assiduous curatorship of these exemplary libations! And for the great beer...

In Beerum Veritas

BartOwl

Post by BartOwl »

Belgian wrote:
Gleemer Imports wrote:Stille Nacht should start to appear on shelves by next week.
First bottle of this. wonderful. The kind of BSA I do not tire of, probably favor this over Chimay Bleu, Rochefort 8 and the like (which are of course great in themselves.)
Thank you Gleemer for your assiduous curatorship of these exemplary libations! And for the great beer...
I think Oerbier is a good ale, but for almost six dollars, I was hesitant to buy the Stille Nacht. I tried it last night, and I agree with Belgian, it is delicious. It turns out to be money well spent. Yes, thank you Gleemer.

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

BartOwl wrote:
Belgian wrote:
I think Oerbier is a good ale, but for almost six dollars, I was hesitant to buy the Stille Nacht. I tried it last night, and I agree with Belgian, it is delicious. It turns out to be money well spent. Yes, thank you Gleemer.
Our pleasure.
Your comment on the price is interesting. this beer is $10 US in Buffalo. having it at $6 here is a steal, especially at that ABV.

I won't lie: i have yet to try it. I tend to like this with at least 2 years' age. So I have 14 in the cellar that I'll start to crack in 1-2 years. Can probably get 5+ years age on this easily. Some vintages cellar for over a decade
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Stille Nacht is indeed delicious and well worth picking up. I might get a couple more for Xmas 2021.

Also just ordered some Dulle Teve and Arabier online. Cheers Gleemer!