Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Craig wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:
CoolB wrote:OWTF release date is April 1st.
Fat chance of that, if it isn't even showing as listed on the LCBO site yet. Since GLB said they'll be making multiple deliveries over coming months to LCBO I'll take the leap and hope that means it will also be available fairly continuously at the GLB retail too.
It's not uncommon for the LCBO to release things before they list them.
Very true. But the much more common, more realistic scenario is that the vast majority of lcbo locations receiving this beer won't have it available for sale tomorrow and it will appear online and in stores late as usual.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

If it left the brewery 3 weeks ago it's already late. I wouldn't be surprised it there was a reason to delay it from release tomorrow knowing the LCBO but I'm hoping to have can in hand tomorrow night.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

cirriform

Post by cirriform »

CoolB wrote:If it left the brewery 3 weeks ago it's already late.
I believe that the canning run that is going to the LCBO only happened on March 21. They posted an extensive set of photos of cans on the line and OWTF boxes that day, with printed cans, not stickered ones.

ie.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I'm not mean enough to make this an April fools day joke :D

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

WTH??!!?? Immodest has been distributed and cans went north, east, far west of the brewery but nothing south (Hamilton - Niagara) and nothing to the K-W - London stretch. That's some odd distribution.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

CoolB wrote:WTH??!!?? Immodest has been distributed and cans went north, east, far west of the brewery but nothing south (Hamilton - Niagara) and nothing to the K-W - London stretch. That's some odd distribution.
Hehe, I got mine! But still no Octopus.....

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

El Pinguino wrote:
CoolB wrote:WTH??!!?? Immodest has been distributed and cans went north, east, far west of the brewery but nothing south (Hamilton - Niagara) and nothing to the K-W - London stretch. That's some odd distribution.
Hehe, I got mine! But still no Octopus.....
Wana do a trade ;)

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Immodest IIPA I found at Laird was canned like a week ago too. Good time to pick this one up. Also happy to see NB fixing their date stamping!
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/

jajg4324

Post by jajg4324 »

It must have skipped you guys we have it down in windsor

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

jajg4324 wrote:
It must have skipped you guys we have it down in windsor
I know eh. Windsor is pretty much the only place south west of the brewery that's carrying it. I'm just being impatient. I know it's going to be ordered I to my wife's store eventually.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

72 bottles of stone ipa just showed up at my local lcbo.. not sure if its old stock or new.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

For some reason it's still not on the LCBO site but I can guarantee that Octopus Wants to Fight is on shelves. I bought 4 cans in Welland yesterday.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

CoolB wrote:For some reason it's still not on the LCBO site but I can guarantee that Octopus Wants to Fight is on shelves. I bought 4 cans in Welland yesterday.
I bought four cans as well, Laird and Eglinton LCBO has stock. Canning dates are smudged and illegible though, I've been noticing that on a lot of GLB stuff lately.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Same for me. I couldn't read the dates on these cans at all. Had the same problem with most of the cans of lake effect that I bought as well. The occasional one was good and legible.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Such a pet peeve of mine with GLB. Why waste the money to print on cans when you can't even read them.