Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Nice!

Goose Island Gillian
LCBO#: 481986 | 765 mL bottle

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Looks great! None in stock as of this inventory.

Goose Island Gillian was formerly known as Scully, LOL. Appropriate name.
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

spinrsx wrote:Beyond the pale just announced that pink fuzz and aromatherapy will regulary be available in a few Toronto lcbos

Just stumbled on these at the Wilson/Dufferin LCBO. Working my way through Aromatherapy now and I would say this is one great IPA. No date on the can but it tastes super fresh, grapefruit piney goodness all over. Reminds me a bit of Thrust but much more pale/hazy IIRC, and almost creamy. The other can may not last the night.

thebigpeezy

Post by thebigpeezy »

spinrsx wrote:Nice!

Goose Island Gillian
MUCH better pricing than in the US, too. Gillian is usually $20-23 down there. If they bring in Lolita at this price point (sitting on one I bought for $20 last summer in Chicago) I'm going to be pissed. :)

thebigpeezy

Post by thebigpeezy »

Lukie wrote:How far apart is the Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad from Omnegang's Three Philosophers? It sounds like the same type of quad, with cherries added. Which is better. So far, I've had the three philosophers and I liked it quite a bit, but it didn't blow me away or anything.
Loved the Boulevard a lot more. The bourbon and cherry were very subtle, though. Don't remember much about Three Philosophers other than it was excellent, but not as good at their sister brewery's offering.

Bought one Boulevard initially, and went back to clean out my closest LCBO (well, 3 more bottles) next chance I got.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Goose Island Gillian
Fantastic beer. At $9.95 a pop, I may have to get a case.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Goose Island Gillian
Less than 700 bottles coming in, the chance of this making it outside of the bigger stores in Toronto is going to be slim IMO

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

624 bottles in the warehouse. Hopefully some makes it out of toronto.
PeenSteen wrote:

Goose Island Gillian
Less than 700 bottles coming in, the chance of this making it outside of the bigger stores in Toronto is going to be slim IMO

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Goose Island Gillian
Well that was unexpected. That price is amazing.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I emailed the LCBO about which stores will be getting Gillian.

Response:

"Goose Island Gillian (LCBO item# 481986) is scheduled to be released at the Summerhill LCBO store location as part of a special event on February 8th, 2017. Kindly note that quantities are very limited and will be exclusive to the Summerhill store."

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Gillian showing stock on the lcbo app

that sucks for us non toronto people.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Might have to get to Summerhill this weekend or something. Although that other post says Feb. 8th, but now it's showing stock. So is this just the LCBO fucking up again?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

So the actual price of Gillian is $34.95 which makes much more sense since it was $31.99USD at Premiere. There will be 40 bottles available at Yonge and Eglinton starting at 10am today

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Summerhill showing 207 bottles and a store in Ottawa 8 bottles.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this ought to slow down the sales a tad
PeenSteen wrote:So the actual price of Gillian is $34.95 which makes much more sense since it was $31.99USD at Premiere. There will be 40 bottles available at Yonge and Eglinton starting at 10am today