Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

mol_son wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Just stumbled upon bombers of Cameron's RPA bottled on March 19, 2013! :o
WHERE?
Mississauga. Hurontario & Eglinton. They had a good 30-40 bottles on the shelf.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Just stumbled upon bombers of Cameron's RPA bottled on March 19, 2013! :o
AWESOMEEEE

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Frere Ambroise wrote:
Thanks! Any chance of a list of what places are getting those kegs? Where do I send my thirsty taste-buds?
I just found out from my colleague @McAuslanUnicorn (twitter) that the Winking Judge will be the first to be pouring in an Ontario bar. There are only 38 kegs to go around -- so most places will likely get only 1 keg - just so most bars and patrons get to enjoy it.

I wish I could post an entire list of bars ... I did this in the past and folks would show up at the bar expecting it to be currently pouring on tap... due to timing of open lines, delivery, etc. the beer would not be ready - physically in the bar -yes - but not ready to pour. Of course, this upsets the customer who traveled a fair distance to try it which in turn upsets the bar owner as they now have a disappointed patron in their bar. Best bet would be to follow the twitter feed mentioned above - she will RT bars that broadcast when the erable is pouring.

TIP: let the pint warm up a bit -- we tried some last month -- at first it is fine ... but when it warms up, the maple aroma and flavours really are robust.
Looks like 3030 Dundas has the St Ambroise Erable now on tap:
https://untappd.com/beer/302098
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

might as well post this here too:

8 Wired HopWired IPA now in stock, as well as DDC Chaman Imperial Pale Ale

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

$6.25 for the 8 Wired HopWired IPA is a bargain! We're paying $8.99 to $9.99 in Alberta, one of the down sides to a free market, I suppose? :-?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'll buy a small handful at that price. I think this is 9 bucks at Premier in Buffalo.

Hopefully this sells well enough and we can get Saison Sauvin in at some point.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

You never know what you might find at the Crossroads LCBO..

Today:

DV Blanche
DV Dubbel
Dunham APA
Dunham Black IPA

The Dunham 6'ers were randomly stickered at either $11.95 or $7.95.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

dale cannon wrote:You never know what you might find at the Crossroads LCBO..

Today:

DV Blanche
DV Dubbel
Dunham APA
Dunham Black IPA

I was just going to post this but you beat me to it. Instead I'll just add that the Blanche may be all gone as I didn't see any but there were about thirty bottles of Aphrodite. Oddly, the Aphrodite is labelled for import into the US.
I think the remaining Dunham is all marked at $11.95 as I dug to the bottom of the stack and took the last of the $7.95 packs. Dubbel for a twoonie and Aphrodite for a buck and a half. The Dubbel was bottled in June of last year and the DDC says best before June of this year. If there are dates on the Dunham I can't see them.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Pump House Blueberry Ale 473 ml can - saw this at my local. It used to be available a few years ago in 6 x 341 ml bottles. Checked the LCBO website; it is widely available.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Founders finally hits the Hamilton area (Dundurn and Eastgate) and Cameron's RPA in Dundas.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

dale cannon wrote:You never know what you might find at the Crossroads LCBO..

Today:

DV Blanche
DV Dubbel
Dunham APA
Dunham Black IPA

Unfortunately, these pleasant surprises have been occurring a lot less frequently at Crossroads. Its been about a year since I've seen any clearance items. I guess fewer people are cancelling or ordering in the first place.

For those who want to know, the Aphrodite and the DV Dubbel seem to be gone now, but DV Blonde, both Dunham six packs and DDC Elixir Celeste are still there in smallish quantities. Might last till Monday or so.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Saison Dupont is listed. Happy freakin' Easter!

...and Matilda and Sofie. And *ahem* NOT 4D. Nope. Nothing to see here.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

just when I thought my wallet was going to get a break..
Ceecee wrote:Saison Dupont is listed. Happy freakin' Easter!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Ceecee wrote:Saison Dupont is listed. Happy freakin' Easter!

Matilda and Sofie are listed with Labatt as the brewer

Streets

Post by Streets »

Ukie wrote:Founders finally hits the Hamilton area (Dundurn and Eastgate) and Cameron's RPA in Dundas.
Yep, and Dundurn sold out before it even showed up on the website... Did manage to grab a few RPA and an LTM Signature Maibock over in Dundas. Swapped my summer tires back on yesterday afternoon so I wanted to go for a bit of a drive anyway ;)

The RPA is tasting great, nice and spicy!