Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:wonder when this and the Sophie/Maltilda will be in stores.. there were some bottles floating around a few weeks ago and now no sign of stock.

I also wonder why Pepe is $3 more than the others. $12.95 seems like a bit much for this. I was getting 4 packs of 12oz bottles in the states for $11.99
Ceecee wrote:Whoa...

PEPE NERO BELGIAN STYLE ALE
LCBO 338327 | 765 mL bottle
Was in NYS on the weekend and if memory serves me correctly all 4 types of bombers were $7.99 and the 4pks were $12.99.

This would put the bombers at 36.3 cents an ounce (22 oz) vs 27 cents an ounce (48 oz) for the 4 pk.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at TBS:

The Granville Island Summer Mingler: 12 Beers. 4 Flavours. Experience four west coast inspired styles: two lagers & two ales: Brockton IPA (6%), English Bay Pale Ale (5%), Island Lager (5%) and Cypress Honey Lager (4.7%)

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

spinrsx wrote:new at TBS:

The Granville Island Summer Mingler: 12 Beers. 4 Flavours. Experience four west coast inspired styles: two lagers & two ales: Brockton IPA (6%), English Bay Pale Ale (5%), Island Lager (5%) and Cypress Honey Lager (4.7%)
I think you need to drop an L from Mingler to give this pack it's true name: Granville Island Summer Minger :wink: That's how I first read the name, anyway.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

My Bitter Wife has hit LCBO shelves. Don't bother searching on the LCBO website, because they haven't bothered to enter the product name yet:

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=345579

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

picked up the special chimay in ottawa just now at the rideau location.

On a side note, Ottawa is only getting 9 cases total.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale now showing stock

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

spinrsx wrote:Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale now showing stock
I love maple. I love bacon. I'm okay with donuts. I like gimmicky beers. That beer, from last year, was nasty. The smoke was way overboard. If I could imagine what licking freshly paved asphalt was like, that beer would be it.
lister

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

spinrsx wrote:picked up the special chimay in ottawa just now at the rideau location.

Ottawa warehouse had over 100 bottles

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

yes, 9 cases.. 108 bottles
PeenSteen wrote:
spinrsx wrote:picked up the special chimay in ottawa just now at the rideau location.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

[quote="spinrsx"]picked up the special chimay in ottawa just now at the rideau location.]

On a side note, Ottawa is only getting 9 cases total.[/quote
Where did you get it? I just popped in, and my continued hatred for Rideau was well rewarded. Not on shelves anywhere I could find. First person offered no help, saying they had no idea what it was or where it could be. Found a woman who was happy to check on the cash machine, and said that the product does not exist for salel at that store. I explained to her that somebody I know just picked it up at this store, and she basically looked at me like I was an alien.

Did you get it from out back? She told me there was no point in looking out back and that she'd have no idea where to look even if she did. Said the "beer guy" was out, otherwise she'd ask him to help.

Should have known better than to blow a lunch trekking over there.

Grrr. I'll just wait for it to end up at Innis.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

They only had 1 case whcih they brought out from the back, I bought a few and there were other guys waiting for a few bottles as well. This was at 10:30am. I assume it was all gone by the time you made it in. Good news is there are another 8 cases left, I'm sure the Innes store in orleans will be getting 5+ of them

rejtable wrote:
spinrsx wrote:picked up the special chimay in ottawa just now at the rideau location.]

On a side note, Ottawa is only getting 9 cases total.[/quote
Where did you get it? I just popped in, and my continued hatred for Rideau was well rewarded. Not on shelves anywhere I could find. First person offered no help, saying they had no idea what it was or where it could be. Found a woman who was happy to check on the cash machine, and said that the product does not exist for salel at that store. I explained to her that somebody I know just picked it up at this store, and she basically looked at me like I was an alien.

Did you get it from out back? She told me there was no point in looking out back and that she'd have no idea where to look even if she did. Said the "beer guy" was out, otherwise she'd ask him to help.

Should have known better than to blow a lunch trekking over there.

Grrr. I'll just wait for it to end up at Innis.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

spinrsx wrote:They only had 1 case whcih they brought out from the back, I bought a few and there were other guys waiting for a few bottles as well. This was at 10:30am. I assume it was all gone by the time you made it in. Good news is there are another 8 cases left, I'm sure the Innes store in orleans will be getting 5+ of them
All well there you go. The thought that there were that many people more idioti... I mean passionate!! :wink: about beer than me never occurred to me. :D

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

spinrsx wrote:yes, 9 cases.. 108 bottles
PeenSteen wrote:

I forgot they were cases of 12 and not 6

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:
I forgot they were cases of 12 and not 6
Can you tell if everything has come and gone? Was hoping to see some of this in Mississauga...

Grey

Post by Grey »

lister wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale now showing stock
I love maple. I love bacon. I'm okay with donuts. I like gimmicky beers. That beer, from last year, was nasty. The smoke was way overboard. If I could imagine what licking freshly paved asphalt was like, that beer would be it.
Haha, well I picked one up yesterday at King & Spadina, missed out on the experience last year and regardless of the reviews, I'm just too curious about this.