Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Why is the LCBO web inventory for the Cent Cinquante still so deficient a week later? has this rolled out or not?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I wonder if they just sent it to 4 "Flagship" stores and forgot about the rest of the province
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

An LCBO employee I spoke to on the phone was under the impression that the only Toronto stores that were getting any were Summehill, Cooper Street and (maybe) Bayview. Not sure if that was correct or not, but it doesn't appear to have appeared anywhere else.
Ren

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Grey wrote:
lister wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale now showing stock
I love maple. I love bacon. I'm okay with donuts. I like gimmicky beers. That beer, from last year, was nasty. The smoke was way overboard. If I could imagine what licking freshly paved asphalt was like, that beer would be it.
Haha, well I picked one up yesterday at King & Spadina, missed out on the experience last year and regardless of the reviews, I'm just too curious about this.
After missing out on this one last year, hearing the bad reviews I didn't mind that I missed out. Then I saw the last one sitting on the shelf in Pickering, didnt think twice. It went in the cart. I'm curious about it as I too love both maple and bacon.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Picked up GLBs My Bitter Wife IPA at Crossroads. Had no idea this was in the system, because technically it isn't, at least not under it's name (damn kgbo!). This year's batch is great and for a good price too.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I got a couple Bitter Wives too at Royal Bank Plaza - many thanks to Squeaky for that heads up. Is it really the name that is keeping it off the site, do you think? How would that make any sense if it is on the shelves in any event? Though I realize we are dealing with the LCBO.

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

I know it's listed on the lcbo site as Voodoo Maple Bacon, but is that right? I thought it was chocolate, peanut butter and banana this year.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JProulx wrote:I know it's listed on the lcbo site as Voodoo Maple Bacon, but is that right? I thought it was chocolate, peanut butter and banana this year.
I thought it was Rogue baked french toast stuffed with savory goat brie & peppered gravlax and a tart gooseberry-thyme reduction. What gives?
In Beerum Veritas

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JProulx wrote:I know it's listed on the lcbo site as Voodoo Maple Bacon, but is that right? I thought it was chocolate, peanut butter and banana this year.
That is their new one this year but I guess they are also still making the Voodoo Donut Maple one as well.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Interesting Front Street has nearly 500 bottles (right, the one location with ridiculous parking.)

Funny, it seems like when some beers sell really really fast (as Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon did here a year or two ago based on its novelty & extreme scarcity) the LCBO just orders all they can get their hands on the very next time. Not that I'm dying to try this one... reports of screaming evil headaches from drinking Voodoo are not encouraging to me right now...
In Beerum Veritas

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I was just at the St.Lawrence one, and was shocked at how much they had...I think maybe they will sell out of curiosity....

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

Belgian wrote:Interesting Front Street has nearly 500 bottles (right, the one location with ridiculous parking.)

Funny, it seems like when some beers sell really really fast (as Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon did here a year or two ago based on its novelty & extreme scarcity) the LCBO just orders all they can get their hands on the very next time. Not that I'm dying to try this one... reports of screaming evil headaches from drinking Voodoo are not encouraging to me right now...
I had one last year and it was... not so great. It wasn't even the type of "not good" where it's still worth trying.

I got a pretty cool bottle out of it, though, so it wasn't a complete waste.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Sophie and Matilda showing stock now, but they might all be gone already. The one bottle of each at Summerhill are ghosts, but they say they have 16 more on order.

They did have some Pepe Nero though, until I cleaned them out.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

What the... they've not even entered the name GOOSE ISLAND as part of the product name so that we can search by brewery.

It does "find" SOFIE < note correct spelling, PEPE NERO and MATILDA.

I've heard good things about Pepe Nero, people are restrained in their points ratings but I think it might be an odd duck beer I would like.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

squeaky wrote:Sophie and Matilda showing stock now, but they might all be gone already. The one bottle of each at Summerhill are ghosts, but they say they have 16 more on order.

They did have some Pepe Nero though, until I cleaned them out.
ghost stock. everything's "on order", not "in transit". so arrival TBD