Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

mixedup wrote:Given how long the (limited) Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante was around (and the price), I wouldn't be too worried. The average/curious beer buyer isn't likely to drop $23 on a bottle of something they know nothing about.
And also not being Christmas you're not likely to get the buy it for my father or buy it to resell on ebay, craigslist or whatever crowd.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

mixedup wrote:Given how long the (limited) Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante was around (and the price), I wouldn't be too worried. The average/curious beer buyer isn't likely to drop $23 on a bottle of something they know nothing about.
This sold out in Alberta almost instantaneously. Same number (630) of bottles and a much smaller population. Don't blink and don't underestimate the beer IQ of your neighbour.

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

I can see the article in Toronto Life going to press right now....Let the frenzy begin!!!! ;)

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

sprague11 wrote:
squeaky wrote:Thanks guys.

So 630 bottles. Of which probably like 2/3 end up in the GTA. That's not many, hopefully the sticker shock will deter most people.
In my experiences, quite the opposite: "Hey this beer is selling for 22 bucks? It MUST be good!!!"
Lot of interesting reading on the U.S. experience on the BA site:

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threa ... end.92188/

Different range of prices, availability and whether to buy or not to buy.

I guess if you go to your local store and its there, why not? However would you drive half way across town for 1 bottle?

Or just get your local store to bring in a case for you, 6 x $22.80 is $136.80?

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Looks like the linked thread is regarding the Golden Blend, which is not what the LCBO is getting in.

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

mixedup wrote:I can see the article in Toronto Life going to press right now....Let the frenzy begin!!!! ;)
Nah, I still need to write it. Next week, hopefully ;)

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

The 3F should be on shelves in the next 24-36 hours and should be gone soon after, it is defintley the Armand & Tommy that is coming also.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Any idea how it's being divided up between cities?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Kekumba wrote:Any idea how it's being divided up between cities?
The majority is in the GTA with 10-15 cases each going to Ottawa and London.....if you don't live in Toronto my best advice is to start chasing delivery trucks

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Thanks.

Guess I'll check out the few obvious bigger stores in Ottawa.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Remind me, what's the deal with London again? Why do they always get prime releases? Is it a western warehouse thing?

I'm pretty realistic and even minded about the LCBO. I know it's not going anywhere and I live with it, but limited releases only going to the same 3 cities bugs me. I lnow why it happens, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

boney wrote:Remind me, what's the deal with London again? Why do they always get prime releases? Is it a western warehouse thing?

I'm pretty realistic and even minded about the LCBO. I know it's not going anywhere and I live with it, but limited releases only going to the same 3 cities bugs me. I lnow why it happens, but it still rubs me the wrong way.
Durham (GTA), Ottawa and London are the 3 retail warehouses in Ontario

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Crap I'm out of town. Anyone want to pick me up three bottles? I'll pay you with cash money, or cellar selection, or I'll wash your car all summer. PM me!!!!

http://www.cellarhq.com/cellar/Nickelass
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

PeenSteen wrote:
boney wrote:Remind me, what's the deal with London again? Why do they always get prime releases? Is it a western warehouse thing?

Durham (GTA), Ottawa and London are the 3 retail warehouses in Ontario
Makes sense. I can't argue with logistics.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

3 Fonteinen showing stock now.