Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:New listings at TBS

Barnstormer YYZ Lager
Brock St Irish Red
Goose Island Four Star Pils
Mad and Noisy Lagered Ale
Moosehead Pale Ale

What a load of shit
:lol:

I wish Brock St. was better. They are so close to me. I am looking forward to them opening their new bigger bar/restaurant location though. Not that I expect the beer to get better, but maybe there will be some good food!

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Agreed wish 5 paddles put out better stuff too. falcon just opened in Ajax near me but haven't had a chance to try any of their beers. Any feedback from fellow bartowelers?
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Blasphomet wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:New listings at TBS

Barnstormer YYZ Lager
Brock St Irish Red
Goose Island Four Star Pils
Mad and Noisy Lagered Ale
Moosehead Pale Ale

What a load of shit
:lol:

I wish Brock St. was better. They are so close to me. I am looking forward to them opening their new bigger bar/restaurant location though. Not that I expect the beer to get better, but maybe there will be some good food!
Dude, I live down the street from Trafalgar......nothing more sad than that. Take my kids to the hockey academy next door to every week.....depressing.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

mgmoney wrote:Agreed wish 5 paddles put out better stuff too. falcon just opened in Ajax near me but haven't had a chance to try any of their beers. Any feedback from fellow bartowelers?
I'd put 5 Paddles head and shoulders above Brock St. I'm a fan. They've done some really good things in this past year imo. Juice Campbell was one of the juiciest pale ales I've had. So juicy I was skeptical that it was all hops... but they insist it was, so who am I to argue? And they may provide better variety than they do beer... but I still think the beer is work drinking. In Your Face is great imo too. And they also nail coffee beers. Their Rise & Grind Coffee Blonde was excellent if you ask me.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Blasphomet wrote:
mgmoney wrote:Agreed wish 5 paddles put out better stuff too. falcon just opened in Ajax near me but haven't had a chance to try any of their beers. Any feedback from fellow bartowelers?
I'd put 5 Paddles head and shoulders above Brock St. I'm a fan. They've done some really good things in this past year imo. Juice Campbell was one of the juiciest pale ales I've had. So juicy I was skeptical that it was all hops... but they insist it was, so who am I to argue? And they may provide better variety than they do beer... but I still think the beer is work drinking. In Your Face is great imo too. And they also nail coffee beers. Their Rise & Grind Coffee Blonde was excellent if you ask me.
I love the rise and grind as well. I have enjoyed all the beers I have had from them, except for the Italian Back Yard ..... eech, tuned me off basil for a month.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I love basil and thought it worked surprisingly well in that beer personally. :)

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Blasphomet wrote:I love basil and thought it worked surprisingly well in that beer personally. :)
I thought it was a good idea, just too strong for me, was like drinking Pesto..... if they scaled back a bit it might work better

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Oh, okay poser.

:)

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

CLIFFORD BREWING CO PINBALL WIZARD
LCBO 507947 | 473 mL can

HOMER'S PREMIUM LAGER
LCBO 493270 | 473 mL can
(I think this is relatively new, but this article from CBN says LCBO distribution had been planned for two years ago.)
http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2014/03 ... ium-lager/

LAKE OF BAYS BREWING BROKEN AXE APA +
LCBO 499335 | 473 mL can

I also saw STONEHAMMER LAGER in a store yesterday, but it's not on the website.

I'll save some typing for those who may feel this way - what a load of shit.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

The Clifford pinball wizard is in the mid 80's on Ratebeer at least so it seems worth a try

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

GtownRandy wrote:The Clifford pinball wizard is in the mid 80's on Ratebeer at least so it seems worth a try
Several people have praised their porter on another thread (I like it too), so definitely worth a try I would think.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Liked Pinball wizard a lot on draught (a few years ago now) at Get Well. Definitely worth a try in cans I would think.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

S. St. Jeb wrote:I also saw STONEHAMMER LAGER in a store yesterday, but it's not on the website.
Stonehammer Light renamed Stonehammer Session Lager
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

The wait is over!....

Bud Light Grapefruit Radler is coming! 2.4% abv of awesomeness

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

GtownRandy wrote:The wait is over!....

Bud Light Grapefruit Radler is coming! 2.4% abv of awesomeness
will buy a case or 2 and cellar some to enjoy for years to come.