Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

spinrsx wrote:good thing spinrsx mentioned it in here eh? :)
Yessir, thanks, Mike! What a clusterluck that place was today. Info desk a disaster because some cop was there trying to deal with a stolen gallon of vodka, some woman waiting 20 mins for a product guy to tell her what scotch to buy for her dad. Luckily I just grabbed my bottles and ran. Five mins after I walked in the door lights went out in store. They had cash working, but wouldn't let anyone else in.

So, good timing all around!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

dale cannon wrote:
ChrisK wrote:If anyone else was considering going to Wilson/Dufferin for Armand & Tommy, be advised. I just called them up after seeing the stock on the website drop from 55 to 12 since the last update. Spoke to one of their guys and he had 8 bottles left. I asked him to hold 2 for me until tomorrow. He said they got cleaned out over the last 2 days.
To save people the hassle of going there for no reason, I picked up the last lonely bottle of 3F A&T at lunch today (thanks to all who ended up grabbing 1 less than they might have).

Having said that, it may be worth a visit if it is local as their beer fridge is flush. I picked up Pepe Nero, Mikkeller Canadian Dream, Urthel Hop It and GLB My Bitter Wife.

Yikes! That was fast for Wilson and Dufferin...I think when I bought my 3 I think there was still about 75 bottles...Glad I didn't make it four! It's a fabulous beer! However, I drank a Cuvee de Jacobins last night and it's also delightful, and for $3, It's pretty incredible, and not a bad substitute for those who missed it...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

JeffPorter wrote:
dale cannon wrote:
ChrisK wrote:If anyone else was considering going to Wilson/Dufferin for Armand & Tommy, be advised. I just called them up after seeing the stock on the website drop from 55 to 12 since the last update. Spoke to one of their guys and he had 8 bottles left. I asked him to hold 2 for me until tomorrow. He said they got cleaned out over the last 2 days.
To save people the hassle of going there for no reason, I picked up the last lonely bottle of 3F A&T at lunch today (thanks to all who ended up grabbing 1 less than they might have).

Having said that, it may be worth a visit if it is local as their beer fridge is flush. I picked up Pepe Nero, Mikkeller Canadian Dream, Urthel Hop It and GLB My Bitter Wife.

Yikes! That was fast for Wilson and Dufferin...I think when I bought my 3 I think there was still about 75 bottles...Glad I didn't make it four! It's a fabulous beer! However, I drank a Cuvee de Jacobins last night and it's also delightful, and for $3, It's pretty incredible, and not a bad substitute for those who missed it...
I feel like the Toronto Life article from Tuesday specifically mentioning the Wilson/Dufferin location may have had something to do with it.

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

ChrisK wrote:
I feel like the Toronto Life article from Tuesday specifically mentioning the Wilson/Dufferin location may have had something to do with it.
That wasn't in my draft, FYI. I mentioned it to my editor in conversation and he included it as a point of interest. I take no responsibility for it!

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

K&E is officially out - was having lunch nearby so stopped in to see if I could get another bottle and nothing there (or at least so I was told - maybe some stuff was on hold).

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

spinrsx wrote:new at the lcbo:

STIEGL GRAPEFRUIT RADLER
LCBO 334052 | 500 mL can
Price $ 2.60
This stuff is freakin' delicious!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

GregClow wrote:
spinrsx wrote:new at the lcbo:

STIEGL GRAPEFRUIT RADLER
LCBO 334052 | 500 mL can
Price $ 2.60
This stuff is freakin' delicious!
Yeah, I like that stuff too. I ran into it at beerfest like 4 years ago. I kept going back to it for something to drink to pace myself from getting too drunk.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I liked that grapefruit radler as well, it was just a bit thin/watered down.

I use to mix lemonade with homebrewed hefeweizen when I was working in the heat... but after that one, I picked up the occasional Perrier Pink Grapefruit for mix (keeps it bubbly too!).

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ it is SO messed up they can post Grapefruit Radler ratings on RB, but no flavored ciders of any kind, even those with added flavors that appear in belgian ales or other beers. I guess it's a question of removes or degrees from what is genetically 'beer'.

But yes a cheesy German Radler is just the thing to cut 30-degree heat sometimes, and at 2.5% pretty harmless to drink a few more.
In Beerum Veritas

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Gavin wrote:
ChrisK wrote:
That wasn't in my draft, FYI. I mentioned it to my editor in conversation and he included it as a point of interest. I take no responsibility for it!
A likely story :wink:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

For those still looking for 3F, there were none as of this morning (on the shelves) at Summerhill, even though the website said 6. Luckily there were the 7 as listed at Queen & Duff, so was able to grab a couple. The remaining still there.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Half an hour ago there were 4 bottles of 3F on the shelf at Bank & Walkley (Ottawa).

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cass wrote:For those still looking for 3F, there were none as of this morning (on the shelves) at Summerhill, even though the website said 6. Luckily there were the 7 as listed at Queen & Duff, so was able to grab a couple. The remaining still there.
Those 5 remaining bottles were still there at the Parkdale location as of 3 PM today.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

Any other sightings of 3F - besides there being 4 at Bank and Walkley?

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

The manager I spoke with at Wilson/Dufferin while picking mine up said his beer manager was trying to order in more 3F from the warehouse. Take this as you will but, he said if there was any more it could possibly arrive this coming Friday. I would advise against bombarding them with phone calls, though.