Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

cratez wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:Cigar City Jai Alai listed @ LCBO

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... Xj683dFyUk
Thanks for this.

A quick update on Fat Tug - the BB February 2020 cans are drinking absolutely ridiculous (resinous with bright and juicy citrus flavours and a bone dry, solidly bitter finish) and cause one to consider whether this is the single best WC IPA in Canada and one of the best in North America as well. Should be good for another couple or few weeks so drink up while it's still fresh.
Despite there being no shortage of solid IPA’s available locally, Fat Tug does seem to rise above the throng and stand alone as, to me, the clear best of the style.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

portwood

Post by portwood »

JaseWescott wrote:Cigar City Jai Alai listed @ LCBO

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... Xj683dFyUk
Good news, except....
if these are as old as the Florida Cracker cans (3/20/19)- nearly 6 months old - its not something I'll be buying!
@markhamwhisky

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I've had Jai Alai at about 2 months old and it was still tasty. But I would guess this will arrive super stale. Too bad.

Maduro Brown is coming this fall, not really exciting but probably ages better. Hopefully Cigar City sends something dark and robust as part of the winter seasonal release.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Rodeo Monk is the beer in the new Mill St. Essentials Mix Pack.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

GLB Karma Citra in stores and it's SHAKIN' 8) (RIP Eddie Money)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

midlife crisis wrote:
cratez wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote: Fat Tug in cans and it's drinking very nicely right now!
Thanks for the heads up. I went and grabbed a half case and it is indeed drinking great. Glad to see fresh(ish) cans here, as Fat Tug is one of the best WC IPAs made in Canada. Like most beers in the style, I prefer drinking this only slightly chilled – sometimes even at room temperature – as it brings out all the lovely aromatics. My guess is this current batch has another week or two to shine before the hop profile fades.
Deleted - my mistake - Fat Tug not Fat Tire.
Fat Tire now marked down a buck with a month-old BBD - do I want this?
In Beerum Veritas

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

beerstodiscover wrote:I've had Jai Alai at about 2 months old and it was still tasty. But I would guess this will arrive super stale. Too bad.

Maduro Brown is coming this fall, not really exciting but probably ages better. Hopefully Cigar City sends something dark and robust as part of the winter seasonal release.
Canned 06/03/19
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

portwood

Post by portwood »

dale cannon wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:I've had Jai Alai at about 2 months old and it was still tasty. But I would guess this will arrive super stale. Too bad.

Canned 06/03/19
pass
@markhamwhisky

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

portwood wrote:
dale cannon wrote:

Canned 06/03/19
pass
Me too - just say no to Communism in Ontario, heh!
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

portwood wrote:
dale cannon wrote:

Canned 06/03/19
pass
Me too - just say no to Communism in Ontario, heh!
In Beerum Veritas

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

I thought there was still a reasonable amount of hop flavour and aroma in the jai alai. It was an enjoyable $3.75 investment.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Kuchlbauer Hefeweizen at TBS for the German beer tickers

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

That's interesting. Is it fresh?

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Craig wrote:That's interesting. Is it fresh?
Only a best before date of 20 May 2020.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

dale cannon wrote:I thought there was still a reasonable amount of hop flavour and aroma in the jai alai. It was an enjoyable $3.75 investment.

I’m also enjoying this. You are right, still some good hip flavour in it. I’m happy to have it, as it’s getting harder and harder to find these West Coast leaning beauties(that made me fall in love with IPA’S) in a sea of haze-on haze- on haze.

On deck is the omnipollo Nebuchadezner. Haven’t had this since the last time it was in lcbo about 5-6 years ago and I loved it.