Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

cfrancis wrote:
If only this was a negotiation.
when you accept the terms handed to you? it no longer is.
versus turning your nose and demanding more and holding out for something better?

you ever watch Let's Make a Deal? same shit, man.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

The negotiation is between the three principal owners of the Beer Store and the Ontario government. Craft beer owners just have to accept whatever is decided upon and make a business plan on that.

Sure they can get on their soap box and yell as loud as they want but unfortunately it`s like a mosquito buzzing by the ear of those with the influence.

In the meantime, if they can pick up a little distribution, a little brand awareness from being on the same shelves as a lot of the bigger players, and it doesn`t cost them a significant amount. Why wouldn`t they do it.

It doesn`t mean that they are going to get off their soapbox. It doesn`t mean that they have any more or less influence on the situation. It just means that perhaps they can muscle out another sliver of market share.

To not do it would seem idiotic as it will only help their business.

This is by no means over, I don`t think you will find one craft brewer that thinks that this olive branch isn`t tainted and are satisfied with the situation. But you won`t find one craft brewer that isn`t interested in selling more beer.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Ceecee wrote:OLA DUBH SPECIAL RESERVE 21
LCBO 410662 | 330 mL bottle

Price $ 8.95

Made in: Scotland, United Kingdom
By: Harviestoun Brewery Ltd.

Beer
8.0% Alcohol/Vol.
bottles of this on the shelf at king/spadina as of today

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

rfrf wrote:
Ceecee wrote:OLA DUBH SPECIAL RESERVE 21
LCBO 410662 | 330 mL bottle

Price $ 8.95

Made in: Scotland, United Kingdom
By: Harviestoun Brewery Ltd.

Beer
8.0% Alcohol/Vol.
bottles of this on the shelf at king/spadina as of today
Did a search on the lcbo site for it...got nothing. So thanks for the heads up...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Nicklebrook cause and effect listed now

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new format for this:

TWICE AS MAD TOM
Canada | Lakes Of Muskoka Cottage Brewery
LCBO 404319 | 6x341 mL | $ 14.50

also noticed muskoka changed their packaging. Should be easy to spot the fresh stock now

also kind of sad to see this go, it is a solid beer

SAMUEL ADAMS LATITUDE 48 IPA
USA | Boston Beer Company
LCBO 322016 | 6x355 mL | $ 13.70 | PRODUCT DISCONTINUED

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Now that is a fair if you ask me for a 6 pack of the Twice as Mad Tom. Beats the 4 packs. And the new bottles like fantastic.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Damn....

There goes Muskoka from my list of bottles I can use for homebrewing...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new:

Kichesippi Heller Highwater
LCBO#: 414441 | 473 mL can
$2.75

Camerons White Oat Savant Brown Ale
LCBO#: 419796 | 650 mL bottle
$5.95

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

ercousin wrote:Damn....

Their bottles used to be great. Fill them up with hot water and the labels peel off themselves!
lister

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

lister wrote:
ercousin wrote:Damn....

Their bottles used to be great. Fill them up with hot water and the labels peel off themselves!
Agreed, and before that Boneshaker did the same thing before moving to painted bottles and cans. I guess I'll just have to buy Nickelbrook instead now.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

ercousin wrote:Agreed, and before that Boneshaker did the same thing before moving to painted bottles and cans. I guess I'll just have to buy Nickelbrook instead now.
I don't mind painted bottles. No extra work involved. I use them for giving homebrew to friends when I'm not getting back the bottles.

I've started buying 16oz short necks to standardize on them for bottling and getting more uniform costing of each brew.
lister

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

lister wrote:I don't mind painted bottles. No extra work involved. I use them for giving homebrew to friends when I'm not getting back the bottles.

I've started buying 16oz short necks to standardize on them for bottling and getting more uniform costing of each brew.
I usually only bottle for competitions or extended aging these days so the 12 oz brown longneck is pretty much my only choice. Required for competitions since branded bottles are discouraged, and I like my high alcohol beers to age in small bottles so I have more of them.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new:

Beaus Gigantic La Formidable
$5.25

Nickelbrook Winey Bastard
$14.95

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Winey showing stock already, picked up a few at KingSpadina