Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Red Racer has their Best Before dates on the bottom of each can and right now the easiest way to determine if you are getting one of the fresher batches without turning over the can is by looking for the new label design on the cans as there are still a few out there with the older design on the cans.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Red Racer also uses canning dates, right above the BB - unless that has changed with the new cans. It uses the letter system for month and they don't skip "I".
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Cale wrote:Red Racer also uses canning dates, right above the BB - unless that has changed with the new cans. It uses the letter system for month and they don't skip "I".
Just a side question. Does anyone else have the problem of Red Racer always exploding when you open the can? Even if they have been sitting in my fridge for days, they still explode and foam over when I open them...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

ercousin wrote:
Cale wrote:Red Racer also uses canning dates, right above the BB - unless that has changed with the new cans. It uses the letter system for month and they don't skip "I".
Just a side question. Does anyone else have the problem of Red Racer always exploding when you open the can? Even if they have been sitting in my fridge for days, they still explode and foam over when I open them...
I've never had that problem.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
ercousin wrote:
Never. And I drink this on a regular basis.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
ercousin wrote: Just a side question. Does anyone else have the problem of Red Racer always exploding when you open the can? Even if they have been sitting in my fridge for days, they still explode and foam over when I open them...
Never. And I drink this on a regular basis.
Either I got a bad batch (still tastes good), or should stick to opening bottles due to my ineptitude....

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

What's worse than a RR can foaming up on you? Opening a Westy 12 and having it foam up....lost about 1/3 of it onto the counter. No idea what happened....bizarre, but hoping the remaining 5 aren't like that!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

mixedup wrote:What's worse than a RR can foaming up on you? Opening a Westy 12 and having it foam up....lost about 1/3 of it onto the counter. No idea what happened....bizarre, but hoping the remaining 5 aren't like that!
If you want to send me a bottle, I'll verify if it's user error :)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

icemachine wrote:
mixedup wrote:What's worse than a RR can foaming up on you? Opening a Westy 12 and having it foam up....lost about 1/3 of it onto the counter. No idea what happened....bizarre, but hoping the remaining 5 aren't like that!
If you want to send me a bottle, I'll verify if it's user error :)
I'll need to do that research myself....appreciate the offer, though. ;)

heebes

Post by heebes »

vandutchy wrote:Red Racer has their Best Before dates on the bottom of each can and right now the easiest way to determine if you are getting one of the fresher batches without turning over the can is by looking for the new label design on the cans as there are still a few out there with the older design on the cans.
whats the new label design look like? havent seen any yet

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

They just cleaned it up and made the label look crisper...Colours essentially the same. A very subtle change and I only noticed it because one of the older cans was sitting right beside a new one. That's how I found out about the BB dates on the bottom. I love this beer and it's too bad TBS does not carry it so we can get a discount by buying a case at a time!

MetalHead

Post by MetalHead »

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11208/29161 this beer will soon be carried at TBS. I know exciting!
Beer, not just for breakfast anymore.

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

Not exactly a new release but I picked up a Rogue Whiskey (#272302) for $39.95, originally priced at $88.80. Not a bad value but I have also not heard very good reviews.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Flying Monkeys Stereovision now showing stock

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Bud Light Platinum is now at the beer store.. :)