Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

One Muskoka brewer has success with interesingly flavoured Belgian blonde, and now the other Muskoka brewer follows suit. Interesting.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mintjellie wrote:One Muskoka brewer has success with interesingly flavoured Belgian blonde, and now the other Muskoka brewer follows suit. Interesting.
^ only 12 bucks too! :wink:
In Beerum Veritas

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Belgian wrote:
mintjellie wrote:One Muskoka brewer has success with interesingly flavoured Belgian blonde, and now the other Muskoka brewer follows suit. Interesting.
Probably decent and outrageously overpriced like their Porter. The cost/value relationship just isn't their for me when it comes to this brewery.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

a maple belgian blonde ale? something seems incredibly wrong about that.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

mintjellie wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Probably decent and outrageously overpriced like their Porter. The cost/value relationship just isn't their for me when it comes to this brewery.
Agreed. They have yet to produce a single beer that is above average IMO.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

'LCOB'? haha.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

mintjellie wrote:
Belgian wrote:
At almost double their 6-pack price ($11.93/litre for the seasonal releases, $6.33/litre for the 6-packs of regular) I really can never understand the pricing philosophy of this brewery. I could justify the price if they were really phenomenal beers (I don't think Bellwoods is out of line with their Witchshark or Lost River prices), but these LoB seasonal releases are usually pretty good at best and are rarely much above 5-6% ABV. These really should just be regular bomber prices ($5, $6? whatever Church Key charged for Holy Smoke) and not priced up to wazoo. As much as I'd love to try this out, I think I'm going to have to pass on the price alone. Or just find it on draught where it is cheeper.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

The LOB is $8.95....not $12

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
mintjellie wrote:
Belgian wrote: ^ only 12 bucks too! :wink:
Agreed. They have yet to produce a single beer that is above average IMO.
i really dont get this brewery at all, very tame core lineup, very mediocre outrageously over priced seasonals

i dont understand who their target market is

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

What's taking Canny Man so long?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

JeffPorter wrote:What's taking Canny Man so long?
Ken from Black Oak told us last night that it's still sitting in the warehouse awaiting Big Brother (my words, not his) to release it.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Agreed on Bellwoods, they pack a lot of value-per-dollar whether a bomber costs $6.00-7.00 or is north of ten bucks. I never hesitate.
In Beerum Veritas

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Guys, for better or worse I think this is the current pricing model industry wide (for Ontario craft). I just (happily) paid $8 for a bomber of Granite Grapefruit Lagoon. New Beau's beer linked a few posts above is $7.85 and under 7% abv. Many Bellwoods beers are around the $8 mark as noted. Great Lakes Project X and 25th Anniversary beers come with high price tags (but worth it IMO). I could go on. Is the value there? Up to each person individually I guess.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

canny man showing stock at lots of places now

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:What's taking Canny Man so long?
Ken from Black Oak told us last night that it's still sitting in the warehouse awaiting Big Brother (my words, not his) to release it.