Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

spinrsx wrote:Is this $23 beer harder to get than the westy 12? (worldwide, not just ontario)

I'm surprised at all of the commotion over it
I'm pretty sure that yes, it is harder to get than westy 12. As far as I know this was a one time thing resulting in a limited number of bottles. Westy doesn't distribute but it's a regularly made beer that is (relatively) consistently available. Once Armand and tomme is gone, it's gone.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

got my 3 bottles today. on a sour kick. gotta keep the buzz going.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

If anyone in Ottawa is able to find any. Please pick me up one. I'll pay you for it.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

cfrancis wrote:If anyone in Ottawa is able to find any. Please pick me up one. I'll pay you for it.
It looks like all the Ottawa stock is in their warehouse still, the store at Rideau and King Edward has 30 bottles on order so that may be the best bet for it

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

PeenSteen wrote:
cfrancis wrote:If anyone in Ottawa is able to find any. Please pick me up one. I'll pay you for it.
It looks like all the Ottawa stock is in their warehouse still, the store at Rideau and King Edward has 30 bottles on order so that may be the best bet for it
Thanks for the heads up. I won't be able to get there before Monday. So if it goes out tomorrow I'm Fubar. Damn family...

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

So confusing. I've been told 36, 40, 42, and now 30 all since Thursday morning.

Pestered an employee about it at Bank/Walkley today while unsuccessfully looking for Kuhnhenn 4D. He didn't have a clue, despite likely standing a mere 50ft from the stack of them in the warehouse.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:A case is in stock but not yet out on the shelves at Wilson + Dufferin. When I asked about it, a very helpful gentleman knew what I was talking about and got me a bottle from the back. Perfect experience! I only bought one so should be most of a case there still.
Picked up a couple of bottles from that store this afternoon. The guy in the beer department was extremely friendly and helpful. He seemed very interested in craft beer and we chatted for a while about some of the stuff they had in stock. They have a great selection at that location!
Going after sours now, huh? :wink:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone know what the deal is with the Hop-It Tripel Ipa? It has been at the lcbo for a month now, but only the same 4 stores.. I can't figure why there is no distribution

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

spinrsx wrote:anyone know what the deal is with the Hop-It Tripel Ipa? It has been at the lcbo for a month now, but only the same 4 stores.. I can't figure why there is no distribution
I ended up visiting TBS to get my fix. It seems more widely distributed through them. I found that I liked it much better on tap (I prefer draught over bottles in general but in this case even more so.)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

BigBob wrote:I found that I liked (Hop-It) much better on tap (I prefer draught over bottles in general but in this case even more so.)
Agreed. I was really disappointed by the bottle I got the TBS - it seemed like a completely different and much poorer beer from the draught, which is always fantastic. Won't be bothering with any more bottles.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

La Chouffe Houblon kicks its ass IMO. Bottling is no excuse.
In Beerum Veritas

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

10 Bitter Years is showing up.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is showing up on the website now:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=339416

NICKEL BROOK NAUGHTY NEIGHBOUR AMERICAN PALE
LCBO 339416 | 6x355 mL bottle

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Maybe I'll save someone the trip.. I was at the King Edward location today, no sign of it yet

PeenSteen wrote:

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

spinrsx wrote:Maybe I'll save someone the trip.. I was at the King Edward location today, no sign of it yet

PeenSteen wrote:
Wasn't going to try today but thanks for saving me from calling at some point...o well if it doesn't work out no worries.