Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

PeenSteen wrote:Camerons Bourbon Barrel Deviator
Camerons Cognac Barrel VSPA
Nickelbrook Cuvee
Hop City Big Mouth Pale Ale

All coming to the LC
Thank God, I can finally talk about the Cameron's Cognac Barrel RPA...Been waiting for months for this...

Any mention of when?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

This thread is a great idea. I appreciate all those who post these new releases and when certain stores get them before others. Looking forward to those that PeenSteen posted earlier.

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

the Bourbon doppelbock and Cognac SPA were on the shelves at Queen's Quay this morning-very few bottles were out though.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Cameron's Deviator Doppelbock Bourbon Barrel
km location quantity
4.4 drink addedAvenue & Lawrence 11
7.6 drink addedLaird & Eglinton (Leaside) 12
14.4 drink addedQueens Quay & Yonge 7
93.2 Hwy. 12b & 11 24

Cameron's Vspa Cognac Barrel Aged
4.4 drink addedAvenue & Lawrence 11
7.6 Laird & Eglinton (Leaside) 12
14.4 drink addedQueens Quay & Yonge 8
32.2 Yonge & Davis (Yonge-Davis Centre) 22
93.2 Hwy. 12b & 11 24

From drinkvine.com

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

i heard a rumor that there's some fancy new beer West beer coming out? people are lining up for it or something crazy like that. costs like a million dollars, but apparently when you taste it you see jesus and jizz in your pants. not sure if those two are related.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

grub wrote:i heard a rumor that there's some fancy new beer West beer coming out? people are lining up for it or something crazy like that. costs like a million dollars, but apparently when you taste it you see jesus and jizz in your pants. not sure if those two are related.
1) I see Jesus in all kinds of places - soup kitchens, homeless shelters, community outreach at church.

2) that kind of money is WAY too much just to jizz in my pants. I can do that for free.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

I wish they were just releasing regular RPA. :(

MetalHead

Post by MetalHead »

It is nice to see Cameron's branching out. For the longest time I've just relegated them to the back burners of Ontario craft.
Beer, not just for breakfast anymore.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

andrewrg wrote:I wish they were just releasing regular RPA. :(
+1
Hopefully the $12.95 ea for these was well spent.
Proud if myself today though. Walked right past the two Trafalgar releases. Usually I suck myself into trying everything once. Didn't do it this time for them.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Nickelbrook BA Cuvee might be on the shelves next week according to their twitter!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I think now that it's a permanent beer with Cameron's I don't think it'll take long for them to get it in there. Although, it seems as though the 'BO love affair with IPAs might be fading and they are starting an affair with barrel aged beers. :wink:

Still, I'm no insider, but willing to bet the wheels are turning on that one.

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

JeffPorter wrote:

I think now that it's a permanent beer with Cameron's I don't think it'll take long for them to get it in there. Although, it seems as though the 'BO love affair with IPAs might be fading and they are starting an affair with barrel aged beers. :wink:

I disagree. More likely they are just awaiting a more appropriate "summer" launch. Likely see it in spring?

I'm no insider but when the sign at the brewery says "get it here first" something must be in the works. Or would that just mean before bars?

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

I heard Westvleteren 12 is at the LCBO. 8)

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Droogy wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:

I disagree. More likely they are just awaiting a more appropriate "summer" launch. Likely see it in spring?

I'm no insider but when the sign at the brewery says "get it here first" something must be in the works. Or would that just mean before bars?
It sounds like we agree. I don't think the RPA's coming out soon, but do think that it'll be in the LCBO eventually. Maybe as a seasonal first, then hopefully as a regular.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

JeffPorter wrote:
Droogy wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:

It sounds like we agree. I don't think the RPA's coming out soon, but do think that it'll be in the LCBO eventually. Maybe as a seasonal first, then hopefully as a regular.
That'd be nice to see. I missed out on getting to try the RPA. No one had it on tap in the Guelph region (at least not that I heard about).