Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

S. St. Jeb wrote:This is interesting. There's a new listing for Radical Road 8 Track IPA. But there is already an existing listing for Sons of Kent 8 Track XPA.

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... msoac%253D
like Lake of Bays/Barnstormer Flight Delay/Plan? so silly :D

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

There's some nice beers on sale till Feb 2. I picked up some Fat Tug at 30¢ off (BB April 4). Also Marston's 61, Fuller's Porter, Czechvar Dark.

maybethewater

Post by maybethewater »

beerstodiscover wrote:There's some nice beers on sale till Feb 2. I picked up some Fat Tug at 30¢ off (BB April 4). Also Marston's 61, Fuller's Porter, Czechvar Dark.
Thanks, Marston's is one of the best values in Ontario at regular price (2.50), a crazy steal at 30 cents off. Kind of seems like they are getting discontinued unfortunately. Will definitely pick up some Czechvar Dark as well.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

maybethewater wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:There's some nice beers on sale till Feb 2. I picked up some Fat Tug at 30¢ off (BB April 4). Also Marston's 61, Fuller's Porter, Czechvar Dark.
Thanks, Marston's is one of the best values in Ontario at regular price (2.50), a crazy steal at 30 cents off. Kind of seems like they are getting discontinued unfortunately. Will definitely pick up some Czechvar Dark as well.
Kostritzer Schwarzbier is also on sale until Feb 2nd and my fav Dark Lager :wink:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... ctId=64797

Silversmith Black Lager is now in 473 ml cans for $3.65 much better price and format. The new Budweiser Black Lager isn't bad either but I don't think it's getting wide distribution like the Copper Lager and it's only available in a 4 pack :roll:

maybethewater

Post by maybethewater »

JaseWescott wrote:
maybethewater wrote:
Kostritzer Schwarzbier is also on sale until Feb 2nd and my fav Dark Lager :wink:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... ctId=64797

Silversmith Black Lager is now in 473 ml cans for $3.65 much better price and format. The new Budweiser Black Lager isn't bad either but I don't think it's getting wide distribution like the Copper Lager and it's only available in a 4 pack :roll:
I prefer Czechvar, but Kostritzer Schwarzbier is always a good option.

The Budweiser Black Lager at 7.1% is a differentiator, interesting choice by them and I'll give it a shot.

Silversmith Black Lager is a better price and format, but not good enough imo.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

ügener Insel Brauerei Baltic Ale is on shelves. I don't think this was part of a seasonal release. It's definitively a solid golden Belgian ale, fruity, spicy, pretty good. Above average packaging.

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

Baltic Ale was part of the Winter seasonal release (12337) announced back in early November. Almost 3 months to hit the shelves???? Packaging would be better aesthetically and ecologically with a normal label rather than wrapped head to toe in paper

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Found Monk's Stout at Spadina & Dundas, still not listed on LCBO website

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Monk's Stout also spotted at Summerhill today.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Saw a bunch of monks stout here in Guelph yesterday. Also saw Yeti on shelves....I don’t remeber reading that it was coming back

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

It's part of the winter release.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Cigar City Marshal Zhukovs Russian Imperial Stout available online. Anyone know if this is online only or will it hit shelves?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Bellwoods Brewery Jutsu
473 mL can | LCBO#: 16051
$4.50

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

spinrsx wrote:Bellwoods Brewery Jutsu
$4.50
I rarely make it to Bellwoods so I'm excited to have access to this again.

Also

2xIPA by Anderson Craft Ales
IPA - Imperial / Double / $3.50 (355 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Had this at Steamwhistle Beerfest, it was one of the more memorable tastings of the day. Does a great job of combining bitterness with juicy tropical flavors. Will be grabbing lots of this, not a bad price compared to similar 355ml cans.

Faces Double IPA With Mosaic And Citra by Wellington Brewery
IPA - Imperial / Double / $4.85 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Good reviews on this one. Is it the first LCBO IPA to highlight hop type in the title like brewery releases normally do?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

ry_kinney wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Bellwoods Brewery Jutsu
$4.50
I rarely make it to Bellwoods so I'm excited to have access to this again.

Also

2xIPA by Anderson Craft Ales
IPA - Imperial / Double / $3.50 (355 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Had this at Steamwhistle Beerfest, it was one of the more memorable tastings of the day. Does a great job of combining bitterness with juicy tropical flavors. Will be grabbing lots of this, not a bad price compared to similar 355ml cans.

Faces Double IPA With Mosaic And Citra by Wellington Brewery
IPA - Imperial / Double / $4.85 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Good reviews on this one. Is it the first LCBO IPA to highlight hop type in the title like brewery releases normally do?

I’ve had each of the beers in the “Faces” series that Welly has been doing. All have been really solid, with some being excellent.