Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Brut barely appeared in Toronto, so don't feel too bad about that one.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

rejtable wrote:We seem to get them weeks/months later, but I think we've got a decent record lately of at least having them show up. No?
Now that you mention it, they have been pretty good lately. Like the Meantime London Porter showing up at Nepean Crossroads two days ago. Wish I lived closer to Orleans - that store seems to get everything.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I never saw the sam adams new world triple in Ottawa

I don't get what's going on with the King Edward location, that used to be the best store in Ottawa. It seems like Innis Orleans is the new flagship..

King Edward only got 1 of the Nogne's and never got the witches brew or the rogue pumpkin

rejtable wrote:
Ceecee wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:Starting to trickle into stores:

HE'BREW JEWBELATION
LCBO 298307 | 650 mL bottle
What are the odds of this hitting Ottawa? Or should I not hold my breath?
How many releases the last year or so have not come to Ottawa at all? Of all the beers I've sought out the last year, the only one I never got my hands on was the Deus Brut. As I recall with that one, it did pop up, I just didn't get out to get it fast enough.

We seem to get them weeks/months later, but I think we've got a decent record lately of at least having them show up. No?

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

The Rogue Pumpkin also arrived at Nepean Crossroads the day before yesterday.

What bugs me about the seasonal and brewery releases is that I usually have to go to a couple of stores to get them all. Bank & Walkley is hit and miss as is Nepean Crossroads. Riocan is useless now. Living south of the city, I am rarely downtown and even more rarely in Orleans.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Jewbelation and I hope I can grab a bottle or two.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

spinrsx wrote:I never saw the sam adams new world triple in Ottawa
I don't know if it actually ever appeared on a live shelf, but I distinctly recall it showing at either King Edward or Innis via Drinkvine. I remember being pissed because I had something going on for a few days at that point so I couldn't head out to check it out. By the time I did get a chance to go, inventory was gone.

King Edward is crap for beer for sure, and of all the stores, I find I trust their inventory listings the least. I bet my success in seeing a beer on the site and actually getting it there is less than 50%.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Ignore all the good things people are saying about Orleans. Stay away, stay far far away. Nothing good there. Nope, nothing at all. Move along. :wink:
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

haha, too late, the secret is out
Bytowner wrote:Ignore all the good things people are saying about Orleans. Stay away, stay far far away. Nothing good there. Nope, nothing at all. Move along. :wink:

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

spinrsx wrote:I went back today, none there.. they checked the computer and the back room

hot seller?
cfrancis wrote:
spinrsx wrote:It didn't last long, inventory online now saying only 1 bottle left at that location
Must have really moved or it's wrong. Employee looked it up in her system and she had 8 cases of 12 at 5pm.

I'm going to go with wrong.
Sorry, did I not mention that I bought 8 cases?!!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Bytowner wrote:Ignore all the good things people are saying about Orleans. Stay away, stay far far away. Nothing good there. Nope, nothing at all. Move along. :wink:
Agreed, traffic is bad, bad, real bad.

And then you have to deal with all of those crazy french suburbonites!

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Ceecee wrote:What bugs me about the seasonal and brewery releases is that I usually have to go to a couple of stores to get them all.
Yep. I live in Kanata (so yeah, Orleans, not a chance), but work at the airport so I frequently visit Bank/Walkley, Nepean Crossroads, and Centrum. Bank/Walkley is the most reliable of those three, but I continually find myself having to go out of my way to find seasonals/breweries. Bank/Walkley used to be the most reliable for me, but recently it seems like they just pick a random LCBO out of a hat. Look at Tempest...College Square, Bank/Findlay, and Orleans/Innis got a ton...basically none elsewhere. The hell?

Ah well, whatever, I suppose Ottawa isn't that big... :P

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Grabbed 2 bottles of La Buteuse last night. As luck would have it the little LCBO across the street had it. Made steamed mussels with one, drank the other. Delicious.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ Buteuse, yeah good tripel. Sharp bitterness and a lot of alcoholic warmth precedes the fruit.
In Beerum Veritas

mk12345

Post by mk12345 »

Belgian wrote:^ Buteuse, yeah good tripel. Sharp bitterness and a lot of alcoholic warmth precedes the fruit.
Agreed

Picked up the remaining ones at the Manulife Centre - they are delicious.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

From LAKE OF BAYS facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LoBBrewery
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Jonah Hex wrote:From LAKE OF BAYS facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LoBBrewery
Haha oops. Pretty Glaring error, no?